    won't play audio cd's. I know its someting simple!! How do I change it?
    In the properties window, I can't simply type in a new volume. It won't
    accept anything I type in there.
    George, Dec 20, 2005

  2. George

    old jon Guest

    "George" <> wrote in message
    news:5dWpf.10694$9G.10332@dukeread10...
    >I have 2 DVD writers in my machine. They work just fine. The other day I
    > played a movie and somehow, it renamed the drive. It still works fine,
    > but
    > in the properties the volume name has changed. Now, if I double click the
    > shortcut, it thinks that movie is in the drive and opens powerDVD which
    > won't play audio cd's. I know its someting simple!! How do I change it?
    > In the properties window, I can't simply type in a new volume. It won't
    > accept anything I type in there.

    In the My Computer window rt\click on the drive, Properties|General and
    rename it.
    bw..OJ
    old jon, Dec 20, 2005

  3. George

    George Guest

    old jon wrote:
    > "George" <> wrote in message
    >> I have 2 DVD writers in my machine. They work just fine. The other
    >> day I played a movie and somehow, it renamed the drive. It still
    >> works fine, but
    >> in the properties the volume name has changed. Now, if I double
    >> click the shortcut, it thinks that movie is in the drive and opens
    >> powerDVD which won't play audio cd's. I know its someting simple!!
    >> How do I change it? In the properties window, I can't simply type in
    >> a new volume. It won't accept anything I type in there.
    >>

    > In the My Computer window rt\click on the drive, Properties|General
    > and rename it.
    > bw..OJ

    That doesn't work. As I said, it won't accept anything I type in there.
    George, Dec 20, 2005
  4. George

    Swiss Tony Guest

    "George" <> wrote in message
    > I have 2 DVD writers in my machine. They work just fine. The other day I
    > played a movie and somehow, it renamed the drive. It still works fine,

    but
    > in the properties the volume name has changed. Now, if I double click the
    > shortcut, it thinks that movie is in the drive and opens powerDVD which
    > won't play audio cd's. I know its someting simple!! How do I change it?
    > In the properties window, I can't simply type in a new volume. It won't
    > accept anything I type in there.

    Right click the drive, click eject
    Swiss Tony, Dec 20, 2005
  5. George

    George Guest

    Swiss Tony wrote:
    > "George" <> wrote in message
    >> I have 2 DVD writers in my machine. They work just fine. The other
    >> day I played a movie and somehow, it renamed the drive. It still
    >> works fine, but in the properties the volume name has changed. Now,
    >> if I double click the shortcut, it thinks that movie is in the drive
    >> and opens powerDVD which won't play audio cd's. I know its someting
    >> simple!! How do I change it? In the properties window, I can't
    >> simply type in a new volume. It won't accept anything I type in
    >> there.
    >>

    > Right click the drive, click eject

    This doesn't work either. I've ejected about 30 different disks. Some are
    blank, some are music, some are movies. They all do what they are supposed
    to do, except that the volume is still renamed, so it thinks there is a
    movie in the drive. Also, it doesn't care that its a different movie - it
    goes ahead and plays it.
    George, Dec 20, 2005
  6. George

    George Guest

    George wrote:
    > Swiss Tony wrote:
    >> "George" <> wrote in message
    >>> I have 2 DVD writers in my machine. They work just fine. The other
    >>> day I played a movie and somehow, it renamed the drive. It still
    >>> works fine, but in the properties the volume name has changed. Now,
    >>> if I double click the shortcut, it thinks that movie is in the drive
    >>> and opens powerDVD which won't play audio cd's. I know its someting
    >>> simple!! How do I change it? In the properties window, I can't
    >>> simply type in a new volume. It won't accept anything I type in
    >>> there.
    >>>

    >> Right click the drive, click eject

    > This doesn't work either. I've ejected about 30 different disks.
    > Some are blank, some are music, some are movies. They all do what
    > they are supposed to do, except that the volume is still renamed, so
    > it thinks there is a movie in the drive. Also, it doesn't care that
    > its a different movie - it goes ahead and plays it.

    I guess it was simple after all. I turned the machine off and rebooted.
    Whatever the glitch was, it cleared when it went through the post. Thanks
    for the input, guys!
    George, Dec 20, 2005
  7. George

    Trax Guest

    "George" <> wrote:

    |>George wrote:

    |>> This doesn't work either. I've ejected about 30 different disks.
    |>> Some are blank, some are music, some are movies. They all do what
    |>> they are supposed to do, except that the volume is still renamed, so
    |>> it thinks there is a movie in the drive. Also, it doesn't care that
    |>> its a different movie - it goes ahead and plays it.

    |>I guess it was simple after all. I turned the machine off and rebooted.
    |>Whatever the glitch was, it cleared when it went through the post. Thanks
    |>for the input, guys!

    It was assume'd you rebooted before the panic, it's just the most
    basic step in error correction.

    If you continue having this problem:

    Start | run | REGEDIT <enter> Goto
    HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdrom

    Double click on AutoRun and make sure it's set to 1
    (If 0 Explorer will not refresh the CD)

    --
    Sightsee from space
    http://tinyurl.com/djrdl