    > What's available on DVD?

    Only Ren, no Stimpy.

    Aphelion
    Aphelion, Jun 17, 2004

  2. Aphelion

    FAQmeister Guest

    "Spookshow" <> wrote in message
    news:40d16cf5$0$78553$
    > What's available on DVD?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > -Mark

    Nothing, but there are some on VHS. Check Amazon.
    --
    Buford T. Justice
    The alt.video.dvd faq is located at:
    FAQmeister, Jun 17, 2004

  3. FAQmeister wrote:
    > Spookshow wrote:

    >> What's available on DVD?

    > Nothing, but there are some on VHS. Check Amazon.

    Well, only if "nothing" means "nothing except for the three _Best Of Ren &
    Stimpy_ discs from Time-Life that collectively contain the first season and
    eight episodes from the second season". Those discs certainly aren't the
    greatest-quality releases in the world, but they certainly constitute _R&S_
    on DVD.

    Time-Life has lost the rights to _R&S_ and no longer offers these DVDs for
    sale on their site, but there are still used copies floating around on eBay
    and other sites. For example:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6302126118

    You might want to hold off hunting the Time-Life discs down, though:
    Stephen Worth of Spumco has claimed (in this thread, among others)...

    http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=

    ....that Spumco is producing its own three-DVD set for Nickelodeon, with
    uncut versions of the cartoons and other supplemental material. If that set
    ever comes to pass, it should be superior to the Time-Life releases.

    HTH,

    doug

    --
    "Speak in extremes; it'll save you time..."
    --Tin Machine
    Douglas Bailey, Jun 17, 2004
  4. Aphelion

    TB Guest

    Douglas Bailey wrote:

    > Time-Life has lost the rights to _R&S_ and no longer offers these DVDs for
    > sale on their site, but there are still used copies floating around on eBay
    > and other sites. For example:
    >
    > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6302126118
    >

    > You might want to hold off hunting the Time-Life discs down, though:
    > Stephen Worth of Spumco has claimed (in this thread, among others)...
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=
    >
    > ...that Spumco is producing its own three-DVD set for Nickelodeon, with
    > uncut versions of the cartoons and other supplemental material. If that set
    > ever comes to pass, it should be superior to the Time-Life releases.

    Are the Time Life sets edited in any way?

    T.B.
    TB, Jun 17, 2004
  5. >Are the Time Life sets edited in any way?

    >T.B.

    no, and they include the original pilot, "Dog Pound Hop", which became the
    opening credit sequence. I do wish Time-Life had included the holiday episode,
    though, and some supplements...
    Vlvetmorning98, Jun 17, 2004
  6. Aphelion

    FAQmeister Guest

    "Douglas Bailey" <> wrote in message
    > FAQmeister wrote:
    >> Spookshow wrote:

    >>> What's available on DVD?

    >> Nothing, but there are some on VHS. Check Amazon.

    > Well, only if "nothing" means "nothing except for the three _Best Of
    > Ren & Stimpy_ discs from Time-Life that collectively contain the
    > first season and eight episodes from the second season". Those discs
    > certainly aren't the greatest-quality releases in the world, but they
    > certainly constitute _R&S_ on DVD.

    My mistake. Thanks for correcting it.
    FAQmeister, Jun 18, 2004
  7. Aphelion

    Jordan Lund Guest

    "Aphelion" <> wrote in message news:<0PfAc.347769$>...
    > > What's available on DVD?

    > Only Ren, no Stimpy.

    There was a Columbia House set or something, but nothing over the counter. :^(

    - Heres hoping... Isn't it time for a 10th anniversary set yet?

    - Jordan
    Jordan Lund, Jun 18, 2004
  8. TB wrote:
    > Are the Time Life sets edited in any way?

    I believe they are *slightly* edited, but I'm not really familiar enough
    with the various versions of _R&S_ to be absolutely certain.

    A quick check on DVD-Basen, however, turns up a couple of DVD reviews...

    http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=8654
    http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=5718

    ....both of which discuss the edits in some detail.

    HTH,

    doug

    --
    "Well, I thought I knew all about everything, but I was wrong..."
    --Robyn Hitchcock
    Douglas Bailey, Jun 18, 2004
  9. Aphelion

    W. Orr Guest

    On 17 Jun 2004 18:06:38 -0700, (Jordan Lund)
    wrote:

    >"Aphelion" <> wrote in message news:<0PfAc.347769$>...
    >> > What's available on DVD?

    >> Only Ren, no Stimpy.

    >There was a Columbia House set or something, but nothing over the counter. :^(
    >
    >- Heres hoping... Isn't it time for a 10th anniversary set yet?
    >
    >- Jordan

    Long past, IIRC. I seem to recall R&S began in late summer of 91. If
    nothing else, maybe a 15th annv. set in '06?

    I'd actually like to see MTV's The Maxx get the DVD treatment pretty
    soon. The 10-year for that is pretty much around the corner and has
    been unaired for almost that long.
    W. Orr, Jun 18, 2004
  10. Aphelion

    Spookshow Guest

    What's available on DVD?

    Thanks,
    -Mark
    Spookshow, Jun 18, 2004
  11. Aphelion

    Eric R. Guest

    W. Orr <> wrote in message news:<>...

    > I'd actually like to see MTV's The Maxx get the DVD treatment pretty
    > soon. The 10-year for that is pretty much around the corner and has
    > been unaired for almost that long.

    And where is Duckman, dammit!?!?!

    ....okay well he's probably either in a strip club trying to get the
    dancers to accept nickels or passed out somewhere in Mexico, but I
    mean the DVD's.

    -Eric
    Eric R., Jun 18, 2004
  12. Eric R. wrote:

    >>I'd actually like to see MTV's The Maxx get the DVD treatment pretty
    >>soon. The 10-year for that is pretty much around the corner and has
    >>been unaired for almost that long.

    > And where is Duckman, dammit!?!?!

    3am on Comedy Central*, and still a relic.

    (* - The official cable "This show doesn't fit our channel Network
    Image[TM] anymore, but we don't want to alienate our old loyalist
    audience" timeslot.)

    Derek Janssen (y'know, kind of where the music videos are on MTV)
    Derek Janssen, Jun 18, 2004
  13. >> I'd actually like to see MTV's The Maxx get the DVD treatment

    >And where is Duckman, dammit!?!?

    I'd love to see both shows on DVD. THE MAXX VHS tape that's still in print is
    missing an episode as well...
    Vlvetmorning98, Jun 18, 2004
  14. Aphelion

    Steve K. Guest

    TB wrote:
    > Are the Time Life sets edited in any way?

    There are basically what originally aired on Nick. I believe "Big House
    Blues" the pilot, had been editied for televison. There was scene taken
    out from when it had run in the festivals.

    Sure, a Spumco set would be awesome. I'd get it in a second.
    Especially with "Man's Best Friend"! For now, I'm happy I have the TL set.
    Steve K., Jun 18, 2004
  15. Aphelion

    W. Orr Guest

    On 18 Jun 2004 20:48:08 GMT, (Vlvetmorning98)
    wrote:

    >>> I'd actually like to see MTV's The Maxx get the DVD treatment

    >>And where is Duckman, dammit!?!?

    >I'd love to see both shows on DVD. THE MAXX VHS tape that's still in print is
    >missing an episode as well...

    Oh, yeah, I want to add Rocko's Modern Life to the list of
    Viacom/MTV/Nick toons that I want to see someday on DVD.
    W. Orr, Jun 19, 2004
  16. Aphelion

    Spookshow Guest

    Commentary from John K. (or his analyst) would be interesting.

    -Mark

    Spookshow, Jun 19, 2004
  17. Aphelion

    Spookshow Guest

    That sounds promising. I'll wait for the Spumco version (and wait and wait
    and wait, no doubt).

    Thanks,
    -Mark

    Spookshow, Jun 19, 2004
  18. >
    >Oh, yeah, I want to add Rocko's Modern Life to the list of
    >Viacom/MTV/Nick toons that I want to see someday on DVD.

    definitely. and how about DANGER MOUSE (which Nickelodeon aired in the late
    80's/early 90's)
    Vlvetmorning98, Jun 19, 2004
  19. Aphelion

    Smaug69 Guest

    Derek Janssen <> wrote in message news:<40d31fa9$0$3027$>...
    > Eric R. wrote:
    > >
    > >>I'd actually like to see MTV's The Maxx get the DVD treatment pretty
    > >>soon. The 10-year for that is pretty much around the corner and has
    > >>been unaired for almost that long.

    > > And where is Duckman, dammit!?!?!

    > 3am on Comedy Central*, and still a relic.
    >
    > (* - The official cable "This show doesn't fit our channel Network
    > Image[TM] anymore, but we don't want to alienate our old loyalist
    > audience" timeslot.)

    I can understand why the USA Channel treated it like a red-headed
    stepchild(Well, actually I can't, I'm just patronizing them), but
    Comedy Central? South Park is the perverse offspring of Duckman, fer
    chrissakes!

    Smaug69
    Smaug69, Jun 22, 2004