    hour episodes. Isn't this the same as the VHS release?

    Is there any plan for a REAL Ren and Stimpy release?

    - Jordan

    Jordan Lund, Sep 18, 2003

  2. Jordan Lund

    Arthur Bang Guest

    Arthur Bang, Sep 19, 2003

  3. Jordan Lund

    Jordan Lund Guest

    (Arthur Bang) wrote in message news:<>...

    > There are 3 volumes, each one has 14 episodes on it. They list the titles.
    > Plus each volume also has a singalong feature.

    They don't have 14 episodes, they have 2 episodes each. They say "14
    cartoons" then go on to count 20 second gags like "Ask Dr. Stupid" as
    a "cartoon".

    If you look for the "Oh no, what do we do until then!" gag you'll see
    each DVD is 2 episodes. So that's 6 episodes for $30. Not exactly a
    barn burner of a deal and it's not even 1/2 the first season.

    - Jordan

    Jordan Lund, Sep 19, 2003
  4. In <> (Jordan Lund) writes:

    >If you look for the "Oh no, what do we do until then!" gag you'll see
    >each DVD is 2 episodes. So that's 6 episodes for $30. Not exactly a
    >barn burner of a deal and it's not even 1/2 the first season.

    Each aired episode was two "long" cartoons and a bunch of the shorts
    ("Log", "What Will We Do Til Then?" "Ask Dr. Stupid" etc.) If you
    consider only the "long" cartoons, the first season's episodes had the
    following cartoons.

    Big House Blues
    Black Hole
    Boy Who Cried Rat
    Fire Dogs
    Littlest Giant
    Marooned
    Nurse Stimpy
    Robin Hoek
    Space Madness
    Stimpy's Big Day/The Big Shot
    Stimpy's Invention
    Untamed World

    All of the above are on the dvd's. Season 2 episodes had the following
    "long" cartoons which are on the dvd's:

    Dog Show
    In the Army
    Great Outdoors
    Out West
    Powdered Toast Man
    Ren's Toothache
    Rubber Nipple Salesmen
    Sven Hoek

    That makes 20 "long" cartoons, or probably aired as 10 episodes.

    The following season 2 long cartoons are not on the dvd's:

    Big Baby Scam
    Cat Who Laid the Golden Hairball
    Fake Dad
    Haunted House
    Mad Dog Hoek
    Monkey See Monkey Don't
    Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksmen
    Son of Stimpy
    Stimpy's Fanclub
    Visit to Anthony

    David Pirmann, Sep 19, 2003
  5. Jordan Lund

    Steve K. Guest

    David Pirmann wrote:
    > Big House Blues
    > Black Hole
    > Boy Who Cried Rat
    > Fire Dogs
    > Littlest Giant
    > Marooned
    > Nurse Stimpy
    > Robin Hoek
    > Space Madness
    > Stimpy's Big Day/The Big Shot
    > Stimpy's Invention
    > Untamed World
    >
    > All of the above are on the dvd's. Season 2 episodes had the following
    > "long" cartoons which are on the dvd's:
    >
    > Dog Show
    > In the Army
    > Great Outdoors
    > Out West
    > Powdered Toast Man
    > Ren's Toothache
    > Rubber Nipple Salesmen
    > Sven Hoek

    And of course, Man's Best Friend is missing....damn!

    On the whole, still a good set. Time/Life has it backordered right now.

    Steve

    Steve K., Sep 20, 2003