    I'm glad I've heald on to my Time Life dvds. Can anyone confirm they are cut
    or not?

    T.B.
    TB, Oct 11, 2004

  2. TB

    Arthur Bang Guest

    >Word is filtering out that the new Ren and Stimpy dvd set is unfortunately
    >taken from the Spike TV masters and several episodes are heavily cut. If so,
    >I'm glad I've heald on to my Time Life dvds. Can anyone confirm they are cut
    >or not?

    Yes, there are some cuts .. John K. confirmed it with TVShowsonDVD.com

    Check out http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2290
    Arthur Bang

    In The Mix -- the best new music
    streaming 24 hours a day
    http://www.thepickle.net/
    hosted by me...
    Arthur Bang, Oct 11, 2004

  3. >
    >Yes, there are some cuts .. John K. confirmed it with TVShowsonDVD.com

    damnit, and I sold my Time Life ones. What is this bullshit?>
    Vlvetmorning98, Oct 11, 2004
  4. TB

    Pug Fugley Guest

    Yes, they are cut. I cancelled my pre-order and will simply rent and copy
    them. It's not worth a purchase.

    Pug Fugley, Oct 11, 2004
  5. TB

    BlackFoliage Guest

    Vlvetmorning98 wrote:
    >>Yes, there are some cuts .. John K. confirmed it with TVShowsonDVD.com

    > damnit, and I sold my Time Life ones. What is this bullshit?>

    Here is the text of John K's response from that link. Sounds like they
    were cut by Nickelodeon and restored as best as possible.

    If you've been visiting various Ren & Stimpy fan sites you may have
    heard that there are cuts to the episodes in the box set. We contacted
    Paramount to get the story, and they contacted John K and sent us his
    response:

    Subject: "RS DVD was produced by John K. Buy It you eediots!"

    Hey folks

    I'm as surprised as you are that there are still some edits in the
    cartoons. Blame Nickelodeon years ago! Don't blame the producers of the DVD.

    We put back every scene that I was aware was missing. Nick must have cut
    more scenes out long after I stopped watching the show.

    But, we put a lot of cool stuff back in that no one ever saw-scenes from
    Sven Hoek that never aired-George Liquor's bobbed tail in Dog Show-hey
    all of Man's Best Friend!

    We also did lots of commentaries over the cartoons and there are
    interviews with me and Eddie Fitzgerald, there is original artwork.

    Buy this damn thing. I put in as much cool stuff as I could for you. Buy
    it and maybe Spike will order new episodes!

    Maybe I will consult with you to restore the episodes you found that
    still has cuts and we'll put the missing scenes on a website for you, or
    run them ouncut on Spkie.

    If every show is not completely intact it's because long ago Nick
    misplaced or lost the originals, but I restored the ones I knew had
    cuts, ok?

    So if you review the set on Amazon, say it's great and and talk about
    the good stuff first! Then you can mention that there are still some
    edits, but it's definitely worth getting!

    Maybe we can have a chat about it tomorrow night if someone contacts me
    to set it up.

    Your pal,

    John K.
    BlackFoliage, Oct 12, 2004
  6. TB

    argo Guest

    I could never understand why it went to Nickelodeon in the first place...
    yeesh

    argo, Oct 12, 2004
  7. TB

    Jordan Lund Guest

    "TB" <> wrote in message news:<Fhzad.6715$>...
    > Word is filtering out that the new Ren and Stimpy dvd set is unfortunately
    > taken from the Spike TV masters and several episodes are heavily cut. If so,
    > I'm glad I've heald on to my Time Life dvds. Can anyone confirm they are cut
    > or not?

    I taped them off Nickelodeon when they were first run, I'll check it
    out tonight and let y'all know one way or the other.

    - Jordan
    Jordan Lund, Oct 13, 2004
  8. >I could never understand why it went to Nickelodeon in the first place...
    >yeesh

    because there were no proper venues for such cartoons on American TV at the
    time.
    Vlvetmorning98, Oct 13, 2004
  9. TB

    Alan Smithee Guest

    "Vlvetmorning98" <> wrote in message
    > >I could never understand why it went to Nickelodeon in the first place...
    > >yeesh
    > >

    > because there were no proper venues for such cartoons on American TV at

    the
    > time.

    What about MTV?

    Alan Smithee
    (Address altered to prevent spamming)
    Alan Smithee, Oct 13, 2004
  10. TB

    TB Guest

    "Alan Smithee" wrote:

    > > >I could never understand why it went to Nickelodeon in the first

    place...
    > > >yeesh
    > > >

    > > because there were no proper venues for such cartoons on American TV at

    > the
    > > time.

    > What about MTV?

    At the time before R&S premiered, MTV was still broadcasting a fair amount
    of music videos although they did run a R&S marathon around the 2nd season
    which all the episodes were truly uncut. In fact, I think Stimpy's "fart"
    episode was first shown on MTV during that marathon instead of on
    Nickolodeon.

    T.B.
    TB, Oct 13, 2004
  11. TB

    hrmmm Guest

    On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 09:17:27 -0500, BlackFoliage wrote:

    >Here is the text of John K's response from that link. Sounds like they
    >were cut by Nickelodeon and restored as best as possible.

    <snip>

    Have you seen any excuse from him for the horrible video digitization
    quality and the out-of-sync sound of this set? It's a pretty sad
    state of affairs when I'm able to make a better set of DVDs from my
    original off-air recorded VHS tapes than Paramount is evidently
    capable of making.
    hrmmm, Oct 13, 2004
  12. BlackFoliage <> wrote in message news:<416be777$0$5688$>...

    > Your pal,
    >
    > John K.

    Somehow I always hear Ren's voice when I read anything John K writes.
    Mike Harrison, Oct 21, 2004