Removing write protection on Micro SD card

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Spinner, Apr 1, 2007.

  1. Spinner

    Spinner Guest

    I have a 1gb PQI Micro SD card which I use in my phone for pics,videos etc.
    I can transfer the files from it to my PC via an adapter,which is the same
    size as an SD card,the Micro SD card slots into it.
    It reads fine,I can transfer files to my PC,but I can't put files on it from
    my PC,I get a message saying remove write protect or use another disc.
    (Adapter has a lock switch on the side,but makes no difference.)

    I looked at the Properties for it,but could not see anything that referred
    to write protection,so I went into Device Manager,and saw that Write Caching
    is set to "Optimize for quick removal" so it can be inserted and removed
    without using the Safe Removal icon,but not sure if this has anything to do
    with it.

    I tried formatting it on the phone,and it asked me to cinfirm that all data
    will be lost,I clicked ok(I already backed it up) and it said 'formatted'
    but when i put it back n the PC the stuff is still on it.

    Anyone know what I can check?

    thanks
    Spinner, Apr 1, 2007

  2. Spinner

    flamer Guest

    On Apr 2, 10:32 am, "Spinner" <> wrote:
    > I have a 1gb PQI Micro SD card which I use in my phone for pics,videos etc.
    > I can transfer the files from it to my PC via an adapter,which is the same
    > size as an SD card,the Micro SD card slots into it.
    > It reads fine,I can transfer files to my PC,but I can't put files on it from
    > my PC,I get a message saying remove write protect or use another disc.
    > (Adapter has a lock switch on the side,but makes no difference.)
    >
    > I looked at the Properties for it,but could not see anything that referred
    > to write protection,so I went into Device Manager,and saw that Write Caching
    > is set to "Optimize for quick removal" so it can be inserted and removed
    > without using the Safe Removal icon,but not sure if this has anything to do
    > with it.
    >
    > I tried formatting it on the phone,and it asked me to cinfirm that all data
    > will be lost,I clicked ok(I already backed it up) and it said 'formatted'
    > but when i put it back n the PC the stuff is still on it.
    >
    > Anyone know what I can check?
    >
    > thanks

    the jumper on the side of the card lock/unlock is the write
    protection.. make sure its on unlock, format it then it should be
    fine.. if not perhaps its faulty..

    Flamer.
    flamer , Apr 2, 2007