  1. Don E

    Don E Guest

    While installing Windows XP on my brand new hard drive the sofware loads and the gives a Manifest Parse Error. I looked up what that ultimatley meant on windows.com and essentially I think I have a damaged Windows XP installation disc. I need remove Windows XP from my hard drive now and install Windows 2000......anyone know how I can re-format the disc?
    Don E, May 20, 2004

  2. Don E

    Seth Guest

    this news group is about MCSA. is this the correct place to get an answer?

    Seth, May 20, 2004

  3. Don E

    harryph Guest

    boot from your 2000 cd and format the harddrive is the
    easiest, what are you on about seth, this could easily be
    one of the questions in an exam,

    harryph, May 20, 2004
  4. Don E

    Mike Guest

    wouldn't it be great if all the questions were like that?

    Mike, May 20, 2004
  5. Don E

    harryph Guest

    lol, was think after posting that it would be a bit easy
    for an mcse/mcsa exam but think of how many mcps there
    would be if most questions that easy

    harryph, May 20, 2004
  6. Don E

    JaR Guest

    On Thu, 20 May 2004 06:21:33 -0700, harryph extemporised:

    > boot from your 2000 cd and format the harddrive is the
    > easiest, what are you on about seth, this could easily be
    > one of the questions in an exam,

    Sad part is that someone studying for MCSA/E would have to ask that
    question in the first place.

    Gonna be a heck of a sysadmin if he can't figure out how to install
    windows without help. Ever hear of RTFM?

    JaR
    Sad Thug
    JaR, May 20, 2004
  7. Don E

    Neil Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?bWNw?= <> wrote in

    > SHut up fag

    no JaR has a point. googling should have been sufficient for this. Even if
    you did not come up with teh same answer given (use the 2k CD to
    partition/format) other utilities such as delpart would have popped up.

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, May 20, 2004
  8. Don E

    Guest

    If win2k is bootable, you should boot pc from win2k boot,
    then install over where you winxp is installed, default C:\
    and format that drive
    , May 27, 2004
  9. what better place to ask a question like that.. we are
    all for the most part MCPs and above so we should all
    know that... unless of course your a lamer paper cert =P

    message

    JasonPope2003, Jul 7, 2004
  10. Don E

    Josef Oduwo Guest

    Which disc: your hard disk or your Windows XP compact disc :) Depending
    on what sort of CD you have, it can't be done. But for hard disks, I
    like to use the Windows 98 floppy and format everything from the dos
    prompt. You might even want to "@ctiveKilldisk" it if you are paranoid
    about cleaning up your data...

    Good luck,

    /oj