    and my DVD
    drive is an ASUS 1814BLT SATA

    Ideas folks, tell me if I am wrong.
    Spock, May 21, 2007

  2. Spock

    Theo Guest

    Boot with an XP CD or some utility you can remove the
    partition with. Remove the Vista partition.

    Theo, May 21, 2007

  3. Spock

    Theo Guest

    P.S.

    As for problems with SATA DVD drives, it it primarily
    dependent on your motherboard's SATA channel.

    If the SATA is only configurable as a RAID host, even if you
    don't do RAID, then you will likely have problems.

    The VIA VT8237 is a good example:

    On the MSI K8T800Pro you have the option in the BIOS to
    configure it as either SATA or RAID. In SATA mode the
    VT8237 is recognized as another IDE channel and usually
    doesn't present problems.

    However, on the ASUS A8V with VT8237 there is no optional
    configuration capability and it is always a RAID host and
    requires RAID drivers even when you don't use RAID. This
    usually causes problems.

    Theo, May 21, 2007
  4. Spock

    Spock Guest

    I have removed the partition but can not remove bootmgr file HOW do I remove
    the bootmgr file?

    Spock, May 22, 2007
  5. Spock

    Theo Guest

    Find a boot disk or CD for Win ME. Boot to a DOS prompt.
    Type in 'fdisk /mbr' and hit <Enter>. This should rebuild
    your MBR back to the previous, more common version.

    Or, use a utility for your hard drive and wipe the boot
    sector clean.

    Theo, May 22, 2007
  6. Spock

    John Barnes Guest

    Download and install either VistaBootPro or EasyBCD. In the System
    Bootloader section install your legacy bootloader.

    John Barnes, May 22, 2007