Removing unwanted registry entries?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by PMcOuntry, Jun 30, 2006.

  1. PMcOuntry

    PMcOuntry Guest

    I tryed uninstalling some old drivers, no longer needed, and I get this
    error:

    Error Code: -5009 : 0x80040703
    Error Information:
    >Ctor\ObjectWrapper.cpp (163)
    >Ctor\ObjectWrapper.cpp (402)
    >Kernel\Component.cpp (1163)
    >Kernel\CABFile.cpp (389)
    >SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (1541)

    pAPP:Realtek AC'97 Audio
    PVENDOR:Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
    PGUID:fb08f381-6533-4108-b7dd-039e11fbc27e
    $11.50.0.42618
    @Windows XP Service Pack 2 (2600) BT_OTHER 55456.18

    It says close and it's still in the registry, now on earth do I get rid
    of it?!

    Thank you, going batty here!

    PMcOuntry, Jun 30, 2006

  2. PMcOuntry

    PMcOuntry Guest

    PMcOuntry wrote:
    > I tryed uninstalling some old drivers, no longer needed, and I get this
    > error:
    >
    > Error Code: -5009 : 0x80040703
    > Error Information:
    > >Ctor\ObjectWrapper.cpp (163)
    > >Ctor\ObjectWrapper.cpp (402)
    > >Kernel\Component.cpp (1163)
    > >Kernel\CABFile.cpp (389)
    > >SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (1541)

    > pAPP:Realtek AC'97 Audio
    > PVENDOR:Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
    > PGUID:fb08f381-6533-4108-b7dd-039e11fbc27e
    > $11.50.0.42618
    > @Windows XP Service Pack 2 (2600) BT_OTHER 55456.18
    >
    > It says close and it's still in the registry, now on earth do I get rid
    > of it?!

    Can ANYONE help me w/this?!?!

    PMcOuntry, Jul 6, 2006