    How do I kill this annoyance?

    Thanks

    , Oct 15, 2007

  2. Rom Guest

    On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 00:13:18 -0500,
    wrote:

    > I am fairly new to Firefox and I like it. One thing I want to do is
    > remove the "type ahead" feature. (I think thats what its called).
    > In other words, lets say I was on walmart.com. Later in the day I
    > want to go to waldo.com. When I begin to type in the url, walmart.com
    > pops up under the line where I am typing the url. I absolutely hate
    > that feature in ANY browser. I just want to type in the url, and not
    > be distracted by that popup that does nothing but irritate me, because
    > it distracts my typing and only slows me down. I was able to disable
    > that in IE a few years ago, I do not recall how. I can not find the
    > way to do it in the Firefox settings. I have firefox 2.0.0.3.
    > How do I kill this annoyance?

    To disable the display see:
    <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Disabling_autocomplete_-_Firefox>

    To disable the display and the history in Firefox go to:
    Tools > Options > Privacy, and under "History" UNcheck:
    "Remember visited pages for the last n days"

    To delete autocomplete and the history see:
    <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Deleting_autocomplete_entries>

    --
    Rom

    Rom, Oct 15, 2007

  3. Ralph Fox Guest

    On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 00:13:18 -0500, in message <>,
    wrote:

    > I am fairly new to Firefox and I like it. One thing I want to do is
    > remove the "type ahead" feature. (I think thats what its called).

    It's called "Autocomplete".

    "Type ahead" is where you can type ahead of the computer, before it
    is ready to process your keystrokes, and your keystrokes are stored
    in a buffer until the computer can process them.

    See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Category:Location_Bar

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph