    found NOTHING.

    I'm temporarily fucked. I"m afraid that if i uninstall and reinstall i'll
    lose all my bookmarks. Advice please??

    mistuh, Apr 12, 2005

  2. mistuh

    Old Gringo Guest

    mistuh wrote:
    > i stupidly installed the Yahoo toolbar beta version onto my Mozilla firefox
    > browser...and now the fucking thing crashes EVERY time i click on the
    > Firefox shortcut link on my desktop. i can't get RID of the toolbar and i
    > can't access my Mozilla browser!! Systems restore doesn't change a
    > THING....i went to do a "Search" on the yahoo toolbar file and repeatedly
    > found NOTHING.
    >
    > I'm temporarily fucked. I"m afraid that if i uninstall and reinstall i'll
    > lose all my bookmarks. Advice please??

    If it's like the rest of the extensions for FireFox, go to Tools,
    extensions. Find it there and uninstall it. Good Luck

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life

    Old Gringo, Apr 12, 2005

  3. mistuh

    mistuh Guest

    Old Gringo wrote:
    > mistuh wrote:
    >> i stupidly installed the Yahoo toolbar beta version onto my Mozilla
    >> firefox browser...and now the fucking thing crashes EVERY time i
    >> click on the Firefox shortcut link on my desktop. i can't get RID
    >> of the toolbar and i can't access my Mozilla browser!! Systems
    >> restore doesn't change a THING....i went to do a "Search" on the
    >> yahoo toolbar file and repeatedly found NOTHING.
    >>
    >> I'm temporarily fucked. I"m afraid that if i uninstall and
    >> reinstall i'll lose all my bookmarks. Advice please??
    >>

    > If it's like the rest of the extensions for FireFox, go to Tools,
    > extensions. Find it there and uninstall it. Good Luck

    Thanks! The problems CONTINUE tho. I had to go into Mozilla firefox SAFE
    MODE off my start menu to get ANY access to my browser page. I uninstalled
    the toolbar from there, but am REPEATEDLY getting a popup that the "plug-in
    has perfomed an illegal operation...we strongly advise you to restart
    Navigator"...some nonsense like that....and then i get the report it to
    Microsoft pop up waste-of-time....and then the browser page disappears
    again!!....

    mistuh, Apr 12, 2005
  4. mistuh

    Old Gringo Guest

    mistuh wrote:
    > Old Gringo wrote:
    >
    >>mistuh wrote:
    >>
    >>>i stupidly installed the Yahoo toolbar beta version onto my Mozilla
    >>>firefox browser...and now the fucking thing crashes EVERY time i
    >>>click on the Firefox shortcut link on my desktop. i can't get RID
    >>>of the toolbar and i can't access my Mozilla browser!! Systems
    >>>restore doesn't change a THING....i went to do a "Search" on the
    >>>yahoo toolbar file and repeatedly found NOTHING.
    >>>
    >>>I'm temporarily fucked. I"m afraid that if i uninstall and
    >>>reinstall i'll lose all my bookmarks. Advice please??
    >>>

    >>If it's like the rest of the extensions for FireFox, go to Tools,
    >>extensions. Find it there and uninstall it. Good Luck

    > Thanks! The problems CONTINUE tho. I had to go into Mozilla firefox SAFE
    > MODE off my start menu to get ANY access to my browser page. I uninstalled
    > the toolbar from there, but am REPEATEDLY getting a popup that the "plug-in
    > has perfomed an illegal operation...we strongly advise you to restart
    > Navigator"...some nonsense like that....and then i get the report it to
    > Microsoft pop up waste-of-time....and then the browser page disappears
    > again!!....

    Have you rebooted the computer to update the files.? I can't imagine
    the Toolbar causing that much trouble. I have been running firefox
    since last October and have had no problems at all. Tried all the
    extensions and themes except the Toolbar and seen no use for it. Not
    a glitch

    Old Gringo, Apr 12, 2005
  5. mistuh

    mistuh Guest

    Old Gringo wrote:
    > mistuh wrote:
    >> Old Gringo wrote:

    >>> If it's like the rest of the extensions for FireFox, go to Tools,
    >>> extensions. Find it there and uninstall it. Good Luck

    >> Thanks! The problems CONTINUE tho. I had to go into Mozilla
    >> firefox SAFE MODE off my start menu to get ANY access to my browser
    >> page. I uninstalled the toolbar from there, but am REPEATEDLY
    >> getting a popup that the "plug-in has perfomed an illegal
    >> operation...we strongly advise you to restart Navigator"...some
    >> nonsense like that....and then i get the report it to Microsoft pop
    >> up waste-of-time....and then the browser page disappears again!!....
    >>

    > Have you rebooted the computer to update the files.? I can't imagine
    > the Toolbar causing that much trouble. I have been running firefox
    > since last October and have had no problems at all. Tried all the
    > extensions and themes except the Toolbar and seen no use for it. Not
    > a glitch

    Thanks Gringo. I haven't rebooted yet...just the endless restarts which
    result in the same aggravation. I'll try the reboot in the morning.

    mistuh, Apr 12, 2005
  6. mistuh

    WormWood Guest

    "mistuh" <> wrote in message
    >i stupidly installed the Yahoo toolbar beta version onto my Mozilla
    >firefox browser...and now the fucking thing crashes EVERY time i click
    >on the Firefox shortcut link on my desktop. i can't get RID of the
    >toolbar and i can't access my Mozilla browser!! Systems restore
    >doesn't change a THING....i went to do a "Search" on the yahoo toolbar
    >file and repeatedly found NOTHING.
    >
    > I'm temporarily fucked. I"m afraid that if i uninstall and reinstall
    > i'll lose all my bookmarks. Advice please??

    You don't need to be concerned with losing bookmarks when you uninstall
    Firefox. Just open Bookmarks, select Manage Bookmarks and in the popup
    window named Bookmark Manager, select Export and that will send them to
    a safe place until you reinstall, at which time you will use the Import
    command. Good Luck

    WormWood, Apr 12, 2005
  7. mistuh

    Barney Guest

    "mistuh" <> had
    writtennews:zQG6e.6726$:

    > I'm temporarily fucked. I"m afraid that if i uninstall and
    > reinstall i'll lose all my bookmarks. Advice please??

    I don't think you'll loose your bookmarks when you uninstall. When
    the popup asks if you want ALL files removed, select no. New
    versions of FF is best done when the previous one is uninstalled and
    bookmarks are left intact. Look further into the NG alt.fan.mozilla.

    --
    Barney __________________________
    Wisdom from the sleeping dogs!

    Barney, Apr 12, 2005
  8. mistuh

    mistuh Guest

    "WormWood" <> wrote in message

    > "mistuh" <> wrote in message
    >>i stupidly installed the Yahoo toolbar beta version onto my Mozilla
    >>firefox browser...and now the fucking thing crashes EVERY time i click on
    >>the Firefox shortcut link on my desktop. i can't get RID of the toolbar
    >>and i can't access my Mozilla browser!! Systems restore doesn't change a
    >>THING....i went to do a "Search" on the yahoo toolbar file and repeatedly
    >>found NOTHING.
    >>
    >> I'm temporarily fucked. I"m afraid that if i uninstall and reinstall
    >> i'll lose all my bookmarks. Advice please??

    > You don't need to be concerned with losing bookmarks when you uninstall
    > Firefox. Just open Bookmarks, select Manage Bookmarks and in the popup
    > window named Bookmark Manager, select Export and that will send them to a
    > safe place until you reinstall, at which time you will use the Import
    > command. Good Luck

    IT REFUSES TO LET ME INSTALL A CLEAN COPY!!!

    I =don't= understand =why= this is happening; i have =repeatedly= now,
    UNINSTALLED v1.0.2 from my program menu (or at least it would SEEM that i
    have) in the add/remove section. I mean, it AIN'T there after i uninstall,
    and it's NOT there in my Start-->All Programs list either. I then ran what
    SHOULD BE a fresh install via Int Exp (what CHOICE do i have in the matter?)
    from the Mozilla download page....and yet EACH and EVERY TIME i do what i
    THINK is a fresh install (that's what i'm being told i've done according to
    the Mozilla graphic), i keep getting my OLD Mozilla homepage screen =back=,
    with all the familiar bookmarks in place (i've saved them to the desktop,
    btw) and immediately comes the pop up from "Mozilla ActiveX control and
    plugin support" saying "the plugin performed an illegal operation. You are
    strongly advised to restart Navigator." The site is essentially frozen and
    useless to me at that point. And =then=, without any OTHER choice but to
    click on "OK", the page either freezes up on me, with the word "Done" in the
    lower left (very appropriate, "done") or i get the Microsoft request to
    SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fucked up!

    AND, just to show you that i'm at least TRYING to take the initiative and be
    on the ball here, i decided to take a look at the Mozilla ActiveX files on
    my PC...found two DEFINITES and DELETED them, thinking that would solve the
    problem, but.....noooooooooooooooooooo,not a chance!

    Any thoughts before i rip my hair out of my head??

    mistuh, Apr 13, 2005
  9. mistuh

    mistuh Guest

    Barney wrote:
    > "mistuh" <> had
    > writtennews:zQG6e.6726$:
    >

    >> I'm temporarily fucked. I"m afraid that if i uninstall and
    >> reinstall i'll lose all my bookmarks. Advice please??
    >>

    > I don't think you'll loose your bookmarks when you uninstall. When
    > the popup asks if you want ALL files removed, select no. New
    > versions of FF is best done when the previous one is uninstalled and
    > bookmarks are left intact. Look further into the NG alt.fan.mozilla.

    ==============

    Now =this= is fascinating.....one part infuriating, one part calming:

    Someone sent me an articlein email today...i clicked on the link, and it
    immediately brought up Mozilla Firefox as the browser....but =without= the
    killer popup about the ActiveX plugin nonsense crippling the browser's
    functionality.....and with all my old bookmarks =still= in place, meaning,
    the OLD v1.0.2 that i was TOLD was sucessfully UNINSTALLED, was in fact NOT
    uninstalled!?! how can that be?? <cue Twilight Zone music>. SO, i CAN
    access my firefox browser thru a LINK in someone's email, but i can't access
    it without being stopped in my tracks from the desktop, programs, etc??

    i give =up= <sigh>

    mistuh, Apr 13, 2005
  10. mistuh

    Barney Guest

    "mistuh" <> had
    writtennews:WqZ6e.15824$:

    > IT REFUSES TO LET ME INSTALL A CLEAN COPY!!!
    >

    > Any thoughts before i rip my hair out of my head??

    I hate to suggest, but you may have to try something in the registry.
    Try a reg clean first and hopefully someone more adept can help you
    find the FF in the registry. Back it up first and of course you'll be
    told the same by the wiser. Uninstall (if you can) and seek in the
    registry to see if any debris remains.

    Barney, Apr 13, 2005
  11. mistuh

    trout Guest

    mistuh wrote:

    > Barney wrote:
    >> "mistuh" <> had
    >> writtennews:zQG6e.6726$:
    >>

    >>> I'm temporarily fucked. I"m afraid that if i uninstall and
    >>> reinstall i'll lose all my bookmarks. Advice please??
    >>>

    >> I don't think you'll loose your bookmarks when you uninstall. When
    >> the popup asks if you want ALL files removed, select no. New
    >> versions of FF is best done when the previous one is uninstalled and
    >> bookmarks are left intact. Look further into the NG alt.fan.mozilla.
    >> ==============

    > Now =this= is fascinating.....one part infuriating, one part calming:
    >
    > Someone sent me an articlein email today...i clicked on the link, and
    > it immediately brought up Mozilla Firefox as the browser....but
    > =without= the killer popup about the ActiveX plugin nonsense
    > crippling the browser's functionality.....and with all my old
    > bookmarks =still= in place, meaning, the OLD v1.0.2 that i was TOLD
    > was sucessfully UNINSTALLED, was in fact NOT uninstalled!?! how can
    > that be?? <cue Twilight Zone music>. SO, i CAN access my firefox
    > browser thru a LINK in someone's email, but i can't access it without
    > being stopped in my tracks from the desktop, programs, etc??
    >
    > i give =up= <sigh>

    Ah, the old "phantom program". Spooky.
    Sure you didn't accidentally install different versions in different
    locations; like Program Files/ Mozilla/ Mozilla Firefox, and just
    Program Files/Mozilla Firefox, for example?
    Anyhow, if you're sure there are no remaining entries in Add/Remove
    Programs, I'd hunt it down with a registry cleaner (like Regcleaner:
    http://www.worldstart.com/weekly-download/archives/reg-cleaner4.3.htm).
    Try the cleaners uninstall menu first, then go to the program
    entries.
    Clean it out, reboot, make sure there is no remaining program
    folder(s), and then try the fresh install.
    --
    And have the priest standing by, just in case.

    trout, Apr 13, 2005
  12. mistuh

    Barney Guest

    "mistuh" <> had
    writtennews:sSZ6e.15827$:

    > Now =this= is fascinating.....one part infuriating, one part
    > calming:
    >
    > Someone sent me an articlein email today...i clicked on the link,
    > and it immediately brought up Mozilla Firefox as the
    > browser....but =without= the killer popup about the ActiveX plugin
    > nonsense crippling the browser's functionality.....and with all my
    > old bookmarks =still= in place, meaning, the OLD v1.0.2 that i was
    > TOLD was sucessfully UNINSTALLED, was in fact NOT uninstalled!?!
    > how can that be?? <cue Twilight Zone music>. SO, i CAN access my
    > firefox browser thru a LINK in someone's email, but i can't access
    > it without being stopped in my tracks from the desktop, programs,
    > etc??
    >
    > i give =up= <sigh>

    Try seting MIE as default and then reinstall/uninstall. Don't give
    up! Someone has the solution but just don't know it yet.

    Barney, Apr 13, 2005
  13. mistuh

    mistuh Guest

    "Barney" <> wrote in message
    > "mistuh" <> had
    > writtennews:sSZ6e.15827$:
    >

    >> Now =this= is fascinating.....one part infuriating, one part
    >> calming:
    >>
    >> Someone sent me an articlein email today...i clicked on the link,
    >> and it immediately brought up Mozilla Firefox as the
    >> browser....but =without= the killer popup about the ActiveX plugin
    >> nonsense crippling the browser's functionality.....and with all my
    >> old bookmarks =still= in place, meaning, the OLD v1.0.2 that i was
    >> TOLD was sucessfully UNINSTALLED, was in fact NOT uninstalled!?!
    >> how can that be?? <cue Twilight Zone music>. SO, i CAN access my
    >> firefox browser thru a LINK in someone's email, but i can't access
    >> it without being stopped in my tracks from the desktop, programs,
    >> etc??
    >>
    >> i give =up= <sigh>
    >>

    > Try seting MIE as default and then reinstall/uninstall. Don't give
    > up! Someone has the solution but just don't know it yet.
    >

    > --
    > Barney __________________________
    > Wisdom from the sleeping dogs!

    Guys, thanks for all your help...i can't deal with this issue quiet
    =yet=...and don't wish to drive myself further crazy tonite...but i WILL get
    back to this, and will let you know how i did!

    mistuh, Apr 14, 2005
  14. mistuh

    Hiram Bender Guest

    On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 00:09:26 GMT, "mistuh" <> wrote:

    >"WormWood" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "mistuh" <> wrote in message
    >>>i stupidly installed the Yahoo toolbar beta version onto my Mozilla
    >>>firefox browser...and now the fucking thing crashes EVERY time i click on
    >>>the Firefox shortcut link on my desktop. i can't get RID of the toolbar
    >>>and i can't access my Mozilla browser!! Systems restore doesn't change a
    >>>THING....i went to do a "Search" on the yahoo toolbar file and repeatedly
    >>>found NOTHING.
    >>>
    >>> I'm temporarily fucked. I"m afraid that if i uninstall and reinstall
    >>> i'll lose all my bookmarks. Advice please??

    >> You don't need to be concerned with losing bookmarks when you uninstall
    >> Firefox. Just open Bookmarks, select Manage Bookmarks and in the popup
    >> window named Bookmark Manager, select Export and that will send them to a
    >> safe place until you reinstall, at which time you will use the Import
    >> command. Good Luck
    >>

    >IT REFUSES TO LET ME INSTALL A CLEAN COPY!!!
    >
    >I =don't= understand =why= this is happening; i have =repeatedly= now,
    >UNINSTALLED v1.0.2 from my program menu (or at least it would SEEM that i
    >have) in the add/remove section. I mean, it AIN'T there after i uninstall,
    >and it's NOT there in my Start-->All Programs list either. I then ran what
    >SHOULD BE a fresh install via Int Exp (what CHOICE do i have in the matter?)
    >from the Mozilla download page....and yet EACH and EVERY TIME i do what i
    >THINK is a fresh install (that's what i'm being told i've done according to
    >the Mozilla graphic), i keep getting my OLD Mozilla homepage screen =back=,
    >with all the familiar bookmarks in place (i've saved them to the desktop,
    >btw) and immediately comes the pop up from "Mozilla ActiveX control and
    >plugin support" saying "the plugin performed an illegal operation. You are
    >strongly advised to restart Navigator." The site is essentially frozen and
    >useless to me at that point. And =then=, without any OTHER choice but to
    >click on "OK", the page either freezes up on me, with the word "Done" in the
    >lower left (very appropriate, "done") or i get the Microsoft request to
    >SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fucked up!
    >
    >AND, just to show you that i'm at least TRYING to take the initiative and be
    >on the ball here, i decided to take a look at the Mozilla ActiveX files on
    >my PC...found two DEFINITES and DELETED them, thinking that would solve the
    >problem, but.....noooooooooooooooooooo,not a chance!
    >
    >Any thoughts before i rip my hair out of my head??

    Go to documents and settings\application data and delete mozilla. Its
    all saved there.

    Hiram Bender, Apr 14, 2005