    subinterface is reactivated"

    thanks in advance

    John
    John Ireland, Apr 29, 2004

  2. Hi,

    it´s only "deleted".
    Use sh ip int brief - the Subint. is only deleted, after next reload it´s
    gone away

    Remien, Carsten, Apr 29, 2004

  3. In article <>,
    (John Ireland) wrote:

    > Hi All
    >
    > what is the correct way of doing this ? when I do a;
    >
    > Router(config)#no interface FastEthernet2/0.20
    >
    > it says "Not all config may be removed and may reappear after the
    > subinterface is reactivated"

    What this means is that if you now do "interface FastEthernet2/0.20",
    most of the settings from the old interface will still be there.

    --
    Barry Margolin,
    Arlington, MA
    Barry Margolin, Apr 29, 2004
  4. John Ireland

    Akilla21

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2010
    Messages:
    14
    Location:
    Wiesbaden, Germany
    Reset the interface

    If you are sure you no longer need any of the sub-interfaces. And I mean any or you have a copy of your remaining sub-interfaces. You can default the main interface.

    Router(config)# default FastEthernet2/0

    Note: This action will reset the main interface to its orginal settings.

    Akilla21
    Akilla21, Nov 2, 2010
  5. John Ireland

    kirandeepmittal

    Joined:
    Nov 17, 2010
    Messages:
    9
    Location:
    India
    Hi John & Akila,

    Using the command "default interface" will lead to restoring the interface to factory defaults, deleting all the subinterfaces on that perticular physical interface and also removing all other IP configuration on the interface (access list, ip address, speed/duplex setting/hsrp configuration etc).

    Just be a bit carefull while using the command !!!
    kirandeepmittal, Nov 23, 2010