    remove those items but they are still there when I return to startup. I
    use Registry Toolkit and try to remove those items but they don't go
    away. How do you remove items from startup?

    SysAssist, Jul 10, 2006

  2. SysAssist

    Toolman Tim Guest

    SysAssist wrote:
    > I want to remove some items from startup. I go in with msconfig and
    > remove those items but they are still there when I return to startup.
    > I use Registry Toolkit and try to remove those items but they don't go
    > away. How do you remove items from startup?

    What items? Be specific.

    Toolman Tim, Jul 10, 2006

  3. "SysAssist" <> wrote in message
    >I want to remove some items from startup. I go in with msconfig and
    > remove those items but they are still there when I return to startup. I
    > use Registry Toolkit and try to remove those items but they don't go
    > away. How do you remove items from startup?

    A nice and neat solution is StartupCPL. It can allow you to move the
    startup items to another part of the registry too.

    http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

    ss.

    Synapse Syndrome, Jul 10, 2006
  4. SysAssist

    PeeCee Guest

    "SysAssist" <> wrote in message
    >I want to remove some items from startup. I go in with msconfig and
    > remove those items but they are still there when I return to startup. I
    > use Registry Toolkit and try to remove those items but they don't go
    > away. How do you remove items from startup?

    Jeff (?)

    1 Msconfig does not 'remove' start up items, it moves them to the do not
    start key eg '-run' instead of 'run' (notice the - in front)
    i.e. It moves them to a place that allows their reinstatement if required.
    The item is 'still listed in msconfig' but without a tick in the box, the no
    tick means it is in the '-' (do not start) startup key.

    2 If the item is still listed in msconfig 'after a reboot' with a tick in
    the box, then check for multiple instances of the same item.
    Many Virus and Malware startup's are monitored by a second or even third
    process and are simply restored to 'run' status if set to '-run' or removed
    altogether.

    3 If 2 is true the only way to get on top of it is to stop 'all' processes
    to do with that startup. Finding all of these can be a right PITA.
    "Process Explorer" will allow you to find which processes are inter related.
    http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/ProcessExplorer.html

    4 If Process Explorer and other AntiVirus AntiMalware tools including Online
    scans don't find the culprit within an hours work, the most efficent way to
    remove rogue startups like this is to wipe the drive and reinstall.
    (assuming the startup is that annoying)

    Best
    Paul.

    PeeCee, Jul 10, 2006
  5. SysAssist

    Guest

    SysAssist wrote:
    > I want to remove some items from startup. I go in with msconfig and
    > remove those items but they are still there when I return to startup. I
    > use Registry Toolkit and try to remove those items but they don't go
    > away. How do you remove items from startup?

    I used a tool called CleanMyPC Registry Cleaner and it has a startup
    manager inside it. The startup manager let you view detailed
    information for each startup program, and enable, disable, or delete
    the startup program.

    You may dwonload a trial version from: http://www.registry-cleaner.net

    -Brian

    , Jul 10, 2006
  6. SysAssist

    Margolotta Guest

    On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 11:38:10 +0100, wrote
    (in article <>):

    > SysAssist wrote:
    >> I want to remove some items from startup. I go in with msconfig and
    >> remove those items but they are still there when I return to startup. I
    >> use Registry Toolkit and try to remove those items but they don't go
    >> away. How do you remove items from startup?

    > I used a tool called CleanMyPC Registry Cleaner and it has a startup
    > manager inside it. The startup manager let you view detailed
    > information for each startup program, and enable, disable, or delete
    > the startup program.
    >
    > You may dwonload a trial version from: http://www.registry-cleaner.net
    >

    > -Brian

    Very Bad Advice. Extremely Bad Advice, in fact. If you do not know enough
    about the registry to remove the keys manually then you do not know enough
    about the registry to use one of those applications. The same would apply for
    things loading at start-up. Unless you're 100% sure that you know what the
    application is, leave well alone. There are some things that are essential.

    Margolotta, Jul 10, 2006
  7. SysAssist

    Jim Guest

    <<<Very Bad Advice. Extremely Bad Advice>>>
    You should know, you've been doing it for years you worthless fat piece of
    shit.
    http://tinyurl.com/az88m

    Jim, Jul 10, 2006