    --
    Liverpool. European City Of Culture 2008
    http://www.liverpool08.com

    Aardvark, Sep 17, 2008

  2. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 11:43:48 -0400, Runtime Error wrote:

    > "Aardvark" <> wrote in message
    >> I've been asked by a friend to recommend some free software to help her
    >> to remove the sound track from a .AVI file.
    >>
    >> I don't know of any software to achieve this end off the top of my
    >> head. Can anyone here suggest some software which might fit the bill?
    >>

    > Remove as in delete-- or to capture and use elsewhere?

    The former. It seems she has an AVI file from which she wishes to remove
    the voice track and insert music in its place. She tried to insert music
    over the top of the sound track but complains that she can still hear the
    voices on the track. She wants to do away with any dialogue entirely.

    Aardvark, Sep 17, 2008

  3. Aardvark

    John Holmes Guest

    Aardvark "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > I've been asked by a friend to recommend some free software to help her
    > to remove the sound track from a .AVI file.
    >
    > I don't know of any software to achieve this end off the top of my

    head.
    > Can anyone here suggest some software which might fit the bill?

    Results 1 - 20 of about 496,000 for avi editor. (0.30 seconds)

    The second link looks like what you're looking for:
    http://www.solveigmm.com/?Products&id=AVITrimmer

    --
    <snip>

    John Holmes, Sep 17, 2008
  4. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 19:10:07 +0200, John Holmes wrote:

    > Aardvark "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> I've been asked by a friend to recommend some free software to help her
    >> to remove the sound track from a .AVI file.
    >>
    >> I don't know of any software to achieve this end off the top of my

    > head.
    >> Can anyone here suggest some software which might fit the bill?
    >>

    > Results 1 - 20 of about 496,000 for avi editor. (0.30 seconds)
    >
    > The second link looks like what you're looking for:
    > http://www.solveigmm.com/?Products&id=AVITrimmer

    Cheers, mate. That looks like what she's after.

    I would have googled myself but I was pretty busy when she asked me about
    it and she needed an answer like yesterday or sooner even though she only
    asked me today :)

    Aardvark, Sep 17, 2008
  5. Aardvark

    John Holmes Guest

    Aardvark "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 19:10:07 +0200, John Holmes wrote:
    >
    >> Aardvark "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >>
    >>> I've been asked by a friend to recommend some free software to help
    >>> her to remove the sound track from a .AVI file.
    >>>
    >>> I don't know of any software to achieve this end off the top of my

    >> head.
    >>> Can anyone here suggest some software which might fit the bill?
    >>>

    >> Results 1 - 20 of about 496,000 for avi editor. (0.30 seconds)
    >>
    >> The second link looks like what you're looking for:
    >> http://www.solveigmm.com/?Products&id=AVITrimmer

    > Cheers, mate. That looks like what she's after.
    >
    > I would have googled myself but I was pretty busy when she asked me
    > about it and she needed an answer like yesterday or sooner even though
    > she only asked me today :)

    Next time, tell her to use google herself so you can mind your own
    business. Jeeezz, women......
    ;-)

    --
    <snip>

    John Holmes, Sep 17, 2008
  6. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 19:25:17 +0200, John Holmes wrote:

    > Aardvark "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 19:10:07 +0200, John Holmes wrote:
    >>
    >>> Aardvark "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >>> head.
    >>>>

    >>> Results 1 - 20 of about 496,000 for avi editor. (0.30 seconds)
    >>>
    >>> The second link looks like what you're looking for:
    >>> http://www.solveigmm.com/?Products&id=AVITrimmer

    >> Cheers, mate. That looks like what she's after.
    >>
    >> I would have googled myself but I was pretty busy when she asked me
    >> about it and she needed an answer like yesterday or sooner even though
    >> she only asked me today :)
    >>

    > Next time, tell her to use google herself so you can mind your own
    > business. Jeeezz, women......
    > ;-)

    I would have done, but she's bigger than me and packs quite a punch :)

    Aardvark, Sep 17, 2008
  7. Aardvark

    John Holmes Guest

    Aardvark "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 19:25:17 +0200, John Holmes wrote:
    >
    >> Aardvark "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >>> Cheers, mate. That looks like what she's after.
    >>>
    >>> I would have googled myself but I was pretty busy when she asked me
    >>> about it and she needed an answer like yesterday or sooner even

    though
    >>> she only asked me today :)
    >>>

    >> Next time, tell her to use google herself so you can mind your own
    >> business. Jeeezz, women......
    >> ;-)

    > I would have done, but she's bigger than me and packs quite a punch :)

    I see...
    http://people.msoe.edu/~raud/forum/Big_Girl2.jpg

    --
    <snip>

    John Holmes, Sep 17, 2008
  8. Aardvark

    chuckcar Guest

    Aardvark <> wrote in

    > I've been asked by a friend to recommend some free software to help her
    > to remove the sound track from a .AVI file.
    >
    > I don't know of any software to achieve this end off the top of my head.
    > Can anyone here suggest some software which might fit the bill?

    Transcode - from freshmeat.net. Only works in *nix as yet, but works with
    virtually *any* file format including flv and camcorder DV files. Warning:
    it's command line *only*.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Sep 17, 2008
  9. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 21:19:15 +0200, John Holmes wrote:

    > Aardvark "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 19:25:17 +0200, John Holmes wrote:
    >>
    >>> Aardvark "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > though
    >>>>

    >>> Next time, tell her to use google herself so you can mind your own
    >>> business. Jeeezz, women......
    >>> ;-)

    >> I would have done, but she's bigger than me and packs quite a punch :)
    >>

    > I see...
    > http://people.msoe.edu/~raud/forum/Big_Girl2.jpg

    Mmmmmmmm! I've always loved tall blondes :)

    Aardvark, Sep 18, 2008
  10. Aardvark

    John Holmes Guest

    Aardvark "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 21:19:15 +0200, John Holmes wrote:
    >
    >> Aardvark "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    help

    my

    >> though

    >>> I would have done, but she's bigger than me and packs quite a punch

    :)

    >> I see...
    >> http://people.msoe.edu/~raud/forum/Big_Girl2.jpg

    > Mmmmmmmm! I've always loved tall blondes :)

    If only my GF were one of them, wearing higheels and short skirts...
    Damn.

    --
    <snip>

    John Holmes, Sep 18, 2008
  11. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 12:42:10 +0200, Basil Fawlty wrote:

    > "John Holmes" <> schreef in bericht
    >> Aardvark "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >> help

    >> my

    >> :)

    >>> Mmmmmmmm! I've always loved tall blondes :)
    >>>

    >> If only my GF were one of them, wearing higheels and short skirts...
    >> Damn.
    >>
    >> --
    >> <snip>
    >>

    > And, another one:
    > http://www.guzer.com/pictures/biggest_woman.php
    >
    > HTH

    I'd love to **** her brains out. After tying a plank to my ass, of
    course. :)

    Aardvark, Sep 19, 2008
  12. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 11:50:26 +0200, Basil Fawlty wrote:

    > "Aardvark" <> schreef in bericht
    >> On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 21:19:15 +0200, John Holmes wrote:
    >>
    >>> Aardvark "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >>> though

    >>> I see...
    >>> http://people.msoe.edu/~raud/forum/Big_Girl2.jpg

    >> Mmmmmmmm! I've always loved tall blondes :)
    >>

    > Then both of you would like these ones as well:
    > http://www.guzer.com/pictures/big_gal_friends.php
    >
    > HTH

    A menage a trois with those two would be a really frightening and
    potentially fatal prospect. :)

    Aardvark, Sep 19, 2008
  13. Aardvark

    M.L. Guest

    > I've been asked by a friend to recommend some free software to help her
    > to remove the sound track from a .AVI file.
    >
    > I don't know of any software to achieve this end off the top of my head.
    > Can anyone here suggest some software which might fit the bill?

    Microsoft Moviemaker 2 (free with WinXP)

    Virtual Dub
    www.virtualdub.org/

    Avitricks Video Editor
    www.bobyte.com/AviTricks/index.asp

    M.L., Sep 23, 2008
  14. Aardvark

    M.L. Guest

    >> I've been asked by a friend to recommend some free software to help her
    >> to remove the sound track from a .AVI file.
    >>
    >> I don't know of any software to achieve this end off the top of my head.
    >> Can anyone here suggest some software which might fit the bill?

    > Microsoft Moviemaker 2 (free with WinXP)
    >
    > Virtual Dub
    > www.virtualdub.org/
    >
    > Avitricks Video Editor
    > www.bobyte.com/AviTricks/index.asp