Removing search engine plugins from toolbar

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by graeme@invalid, Nov 21, 2004.

  1. wrote:
    > I want to remove the search engine plugins from bar from the toolbar.
    > I have no need for it, and it only wastes toolbar space. I can not
    > find any way in the tools to kill it. Can anyone help?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > PoohBear

    Go to View\Tool bars\Customize and a window will appear, then just drag
    and drop the search engine, worked for me.

    --
    So long and thanks for all the fish.

  3. graeme@invalid

    :: BRIAN :: Guest

    (On 11/21/2004 4:04 AM) wrote:
    > I want to remove the search engine plugins from bar from the toolbar.
    > I have no need for it, and it only wastes toolbar space. I can not
    > find any way in the tools to kill it. Can anyone help?

    I suppose you are talking about Firefox, and you've already tried
    right-clicking on the tool bar and customizing it? You can drag that
    thing right off.

    --
    Brian

    Email Info -
    http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm

    :: BRIAN ::, Nov 21, 2004
  4. graeme@invalid

    Guest

    On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 11:40:47 -0500, :: BRIAN :: <user@127.0.1.1>
    wrote:

    >(On 11/21/2004 4:04 AM) wrote:
    >> I want to remove the search engine plugins from bar from the toolbar.
    >> I have no need for it, and it only wastes toolbar space. I can not
    >> find any way in the tools to kill it. Can anyone help?

    >I suppose you are talking about Firefox, and you've already tried
    >right-clicking on the tool bar and customizing it? You can drag that
    >thing right off.
    >
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> PoohBear

    Oh, sorry, yes this is Firefox. I tried what both of you said. I
    went to View / Toolbars / Customize. That thing is NOT listed in
    there. I wonder if I was clear about this. This is the bar to the
    right (by default) of the URL bar. It contains the Ebay / Amazon /
    Google / Dictionary / Yahoo, and "add engines". I just want it gone.
    I added a few icons and now the URL of the website I am visiting is
    only a few characters long (the rest is obscured), because that thing
    is using up space on my toolbar. I have no intention to ever use it.
    I have a .HTML file on my own harddrive, which is my homepage, and is
    a whole page of links to things I use regularly, such as Google, My
    own website, and other stuff.

    However, that thing is not shown in the "customize" options, at all.
    This is (I think) the latest version of Firefox. It says Version 1.0
    Preview Release, when I click on Help / About. It's the Win98
    version.

    Thanks

    Pooh

    , Nov 22, 2004
  5. graeme@invalid

    Spock Guest

    On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 23:26:01 -0600, wrote:

    >On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 11:40:47 -0500, :: BRIAN :: <user@127.0.1.1>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>(On 11/21/2004 4:04 AM) wrote:
    >>> I want to remove the search engine plugins from bar from the toolbar.
    >>> I have no need for it, and it only wastes toolbar space. I can not
    >>> find any way in the tools to kill it. Can anyone help?

    >>I suppose you are talking about Firefox, and you've already tried
    >>right-clicking on the tool bar and customizing it? You can drag that
    >>thing right off.
    >>
    >>> Thanks
    >>>
    >>> PoohBear

    >Oh, sorry, yes this is Firefox. I tried what both of you said. I
    >went to View / Toolbars / Customize. That thing is NOT listed in
    >there. I wonder if I was clear about this. This is the bar to the
    >right (by default) of the URL bar. It contains the Ebay / Amazon /
    >Google / Dictionary / Yahoo, and "add engines". I just want it gone.
    >I added a few icons and now the URL of the website I am visiting is
    >only a few characters long (the rest is obscured), because that thing
    >is using up space on my toolbar. I have no intention to ever use it.
    >I have a .HTML file on my own harddrive, which is my homepage, and is
    >a whole page of links to things I use regularly, such as Google, My
    >own website, and other stuff.
    >
    >However, that thing is not shown in the "customize" options, at all.
    >This is (I think) the latest version of Firefox. It says Version 1.0
    >Preview Release, when I click on Help / About. It's the Win98
    >version.
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Pooh

    Try program files, Mozilla Firefox, search plugins. Delete the icon
    and the related .src entry.

    Spock, Nov 22, 2004
  6. graeme@invalid

    :: BRIAN :: Guest

    (On 11/22/2004 12:26 AM) wrote:
    > On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 11:40:47 -0500, :: BRIAN :: <user@127.0.1.1>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>(On 11/21/2004 4:04 AM) wrote:
    >>
    >>>I want to remove the search engine plugins from bar from the toolbar.
    >>>I have no need for it, and it only wastes toolbar space. I can not
    >>>find any way in the tools to kill it. Can anyone help?

    >>I suppose you are talking about Firefox, and you've already tried
    >>right-clicking on the tool bar and customizing it? You can drag that
    >>thing right off.
    >>

    >>>Thanks
    >>>
    >>>PoohBear

    > Oh, sorry, yes this is Firefox. I tried what both of you said. I
    > went to View / Toolbars / Customize. That thing is NOT listed in
    > there. I wonder if I was clear about this. This is the bar to the
    > right (by default) of the URL bar. It contains the Ebay / Amazon /
    > Google / Dictionary / Yahoo, and "add engines". I just want it gone.
    > I added a few icons and now the URL of the website I am visiting is
    > only a few characters long (the rest is obscured), because that thing
    > is using up space on my toolbar. I have no intention to ever use it.
    > I have a .HTML file on my own harddrive, which is my homepage, and is
    > a whole page of links to things I use regularly, such as Google, My
    > own website, and other stuff.
    >
    > However, that thing is not shown in the "customize" options, at all.
    > This is (I think) the latest version of Firefox. It says Version 1.0
    > Preview Release, when I click on Help / About. It's the Win98
    > version.

    It isn't going to show in the customize options until you drag it off
    the tool bar and onto the "Customize Toolbar" window. Just do the
    reverse of adding things to the bar...

    --
    Brian

    Email Info -
    http://68.1.17.8/theferrets/email.htm

    :: BRIAN ::, Nov 22, 2004
  7. graeme@invalid

    Guest

    On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 04:14:58 -0500, :: BRIAN :: <user@127.0.1.1>
    wrote:

    >(On 11/22/2004 12:26 AM) wrote:
    >> On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 11:40:47 -0500, :: BRIAN :: <user@127.0.1.1>
    >> wrote:

    >>>I suppose you are talking about Firefox, and you've already tried
    >>>right-clicking on the tool bar and customizing it? You can drag that
    >>>thing right off.

    >> Oh, sorry, yes this is Firefox. I tried what both of you said. I
    >> went to View / Toolbars / Customize. That thing is NOT listed in
    >> there. I wonder if I was clear about this. This is the bar to the
    >> right (by default) of the URL bar. It contains the Ebay / Amazon /
    >> Google / Dictionary / Yahoo, and "add engines". I just want it gone.
    >> I added a few icons and now the URL of the website I am visiting is
    >> only a few characters long (the rest is obscured), because that thing
    >> is using up space on my toolbar. I have no intention to ever use it.
    >> I have a .HTML file on my own harddrive, which is my homepage, and is
    >> a whole page of links to things I use regularly, such as Google, My
    >> own website, and other stuff.
    >>
    >> However, that thing is not shown in the "customize" options, at all.
    >> This is (I think) the latest version of Firefox. It says Version 1.0
    >> Preview Release, when I click on Help / About. It's the Win98
    >> version.

    >It isn't going to show in the customize options until you drag it off
    >the tool bar and onto the "Customize Toolbar" window. Just do the
    >reverse of adding things to the bar...

    There we go. Now we're cooking.
    It sure is nice having it in the customize list and not in my toolbar.

    That was easy once I knew what to do. There is no mention of this in
    the Help files. At least not that I could find.

    Thank You

    Pooh

    , Nov 22, 2004