    haven't even figured out how to do these functions for her.Anybody
    have a tutorial for elements for this or a easy software idea.
    Thanks

    Phil, Oct 26, 2003

  2. Phil

    Proctor Guest

    "Phil" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > My daughter needs a simple software or technique to remove people and
    > or objects from one pic to another.Mind you she is young and it is
    > just for fun,she doesn't need anything coplicated.She wants to do body
    > part changes in pictures etc.We have Photoshop elements but Myself I
    > haven't even figured out how to do these functions for her.Anybody
    > have a tutorial for elements for this or a easy software idea.
    > Thanks

    I have been using Adobe PhotoDeluxe for years for Quick stuff. The Kids
    LOVE it. It has CLONE and many other features that do a great job. I did a
    quick search and found this
    http://www.dirtcheapsoftware.com/dirtcheapsoftware/adph10bucdon.html

    Look for version 4 which is better than Business edition.

    proctor

    Proctor, Oct 26, 2003

  3. Phil

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Proctor wrote:

    > "Phil" <> wrote in message
    > > My daughter needs a simple software or technique to remove people and
    > > or objects from one pic to another.Mind you she is young and it is
    > > just for fun,she doesn't need anything coplicated.She wants to do body
    > > part changes in pictures etc.We have Photoshop elements but Myself I
    > > haven't even figured out how to do these functions for her.Anybody
    > > have a tutorial for elements for this or a easy software idea.
    > > Thanks

    > I have been using Adobe PhotoDeluxe for years for Quick stuff. The Kids
    > LOVE it. It has CLONE and many other features that do a great job. I did a
    > quick search and found this
    > http://www.dirtcheapsoftware.com/dirtcheapsoftware/adph10bucdon.html
    >
    > Look for version 4 which is better than Business edition.
    >
    > proctor

    I agree photodeluxe tools for cloning and stuff are great, (I also use it for
    resizing) I hate the way you have to mess around to save files as jpegs but
    otherwise it's a very useful programme I couldn't do without (and can use
    plugin filters from older photoshops too)

    --
    Paul. (Love with tongues of fire)
    Not what it seems...

    Paul Heslop, Oct 26, 2003
  4. Phil

    HavingFun Guest

    Hi Phil,

    For selecting the body or body parts you want the "magnetic lasso" tool:

    http://graphicssoft.about.com/library/extra/blrbps_3aleaf.htm

    Lassoing takes about 30 seconds. Then just CUT + PASTE. :)

    She may also have fun with the "Liquify" effect!

    Cheers,
    HavingFun

    HavingFun, Oct 27, 2003
  5. Phil wrote:

    > My daughter needs a simple software or technique to remove people and
    > or objects from one pic to another.Mind you she is young and it is
    > just for fun,she doesn't need anything coplicated.She wants to do body
    > part changes in pictures etc.We have Photoshop elements but Myself I
    > haven't even figured out how to do these functions for her.Anybody
    > have a tutorial for elements for this or a easy software idea.
    > Thanks

    PaintShopPro from JASC is a better cost choice for a hobbiest and have
    plenty of functionality for good photo editing. Includes on online
    tutorials on selecting objects and multiple layers which make putting
    thing back together much better. It is worth every cent it costs.

    --
    Gordon Niessen
    If you aren't on the bleeding edge, you are history.

    Gordon Niessen, Oct 27, 2003
  6. Phil

    Proctor Guest

    "Gordon Niessen" <> wrote in message
    > Phil wrote:
    >
    > > My daughter needs a simple software or technique to remove people and
    > > or objects from one pic to another.Mind you she is young and it is
    > > just for fun,she doesn't need anything coplicated.She wants to do body
    > > part changes in pictures etc.We have Photoshop elements but Myself I
    > > haven't even figured out how to do these functions for her.Anybody
    > > have a tutorial for elements for this or a easy software idea.
    > > Thanks

    > PaintShopPro from JASC is a better cost choice for a hobbiest and have
    > plenty of functionality for good photo editing. Includes on online
    > tutorials on selecting objects and multiple layers which make putting
    > thing back together much better. It is worth every cent it costs.
    >
    > --
    > Gordon Niessen
    > If you aren't on the bleeding edge, you are history.

    Excellent choice. PSP 8.1 $99.00 DL- Adobe PhotoDeluxe =$19.00 and can use
    Adobe Plugins already owned. My 8yr old uses PhotoDeluxe out of the box. He
    will be taught PSP a few years from now in school unless I can get him to
    learn it sooner. I think PSP has been around longer and is still being sold.
    Abobe PhotoDeluxe 4.0 was the last version and is not sold anymore if I am
    not mistaken. Two excellent applications.

    Proctor.

    Proctor, Oct 27, 2003