    Attempting to format a hard drive from boot cd. There is one partition on
    the drive. Do I need to remove it before formatting and if so how do I do
    it?

    Old Salopian, Mar 11, 2005

  2. Old Salopian

    Plato Guest

    Old Salopian wrote:

    > Attempting to format a hard drive from boot cd. There is one partition on
    > the drive. Do I need to remove it before formatting and if so how do I do
    > it?

    Depends on if you want to format it ntfs or fat32.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Mar 11, 2005

  3. "Old Salopian" <> wrote in message
    > Attempting to format a hard drive from boot cd. There is one partition on
    > the drive. Do I need to remove it before formatting and if so how do I do
    > it?

    If the drive is only 1 partition then no, you do not need to remove it
    before re-formatting. Formatting will wipe the partition.

    **SS**

    secret squiddle, Mar 11, 2005
  4. Old Salopian

    Old Salopian Guest

    "secret squiddle" <> wrote in message

    > "Old Salopian" <> wrote in message
    >> Attempting to format a hard drive from boot cd. There is one partition on
    >> the drive. Do I need to remove it before formatting and if so how do I do
    >> it?

    > If the drive is only 1 partition then no, you do not need to remove it
    > before re-formatting. Formatting will wipe the partition.
    >
    > **SS**

    Thanks

    Old Salopian, Mar 11, 2005
  5. Old Salopian

    Parko Guest

    "secret squiddle" <> wrote:
    > Formatting will wipe the partition.

    I don't think so...
    This is the way to do it securely:
    http://tinyurl.com/4xotz

    --
    Parko
    If those platters are still intact, you're stuffed.

    Parko, Mar 11, 2005