    and knees is invloved !!

    Any methods you have tried that work?

    cheers
    me, Jan 25, 2006

  2. me

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:XgzBf.11287$jR.1247@fed1read01,
    me spewed forth:
    > Apart from getting a car that dosen't leak oil,does anyone have
    > suggestions for getting oil stains off concrete?
    >
    > I have tried various things,including bleach(liquid and
    > powder),dishwashing liquid,even the gunk brand engine degreaser in
    > the spray cans,but the concrete just soaks that shit up. I have even
    > tried combinations of these but still nothing really works 100% ,
    > maybe 50% at best. There dosent seem to be anything available that
    > is chemically strong enough to do the job.
    > Also,I don't expect to just put something on and it will magically
    > disappear,i realise that a certain amount of scrubbing the floor on
    > hands and knees is invloved !!
    >
    > Any methods you have tried that work?
    >
    > cheers

    Coca-cola.

    Toolman Tim, Jan 25, 2006

  3. me

    antwine Guest

    Get a bag of Portland cement from local building
    merchandise store, sprinkle handfuls of it over the
    stain. Let it set overnight. Should get most of the oil.
    Repeat if required,

    antwine, Jan 25, 2006
  4. "antwine" <> wrote in message
    > Get a bag of Portland cement from local building
    > merchandise store, sprinkle handfuls of it over the
    > stain. Let it set overnight. Should get most of the oil.
    > Repeat if required,
    > "me" <> wrote in message news:XgzBf.11287$jR.1247@fed1read01...
    >> Apart from getting a car that dosen't leak oil,does anyone have
    >> suggestions for getting oil stains off concrete?
    >>
    >> I have tried various things,including bleach(liquid and
    >> powder),dishwashing liquid,even the gunk brand engine degreaser in the
    >> spray cans,but the concrete just soaks that shit up. I have even tried
    >> combinations of these but still nothing really works 100% , maybe 50% at
    >> best. There dosent seem to be anything available that is chemically
    >> strong enough to do the job.
    >>
    >> Also,I don't expect to just put something on and it will magically
    >> disappear,i realise that a certain amount of scrubbing the floor on hands
    >> and knees is invloved !!
    >>
    >> Any methods you have tried that work?
    >>
    >> cheers

    Buy, borrow, or steal a pressure washer. Not only will it get the oil up
    but if you do the whole drive-way, it will look brand new.
    \(Del¤+/Ctrl+¤/Alt¤+\), Jan 25, 2006
  5. me

    blur Guest

    They make a pressure washer attachment that works really well, its ment
    for cleaning driveways.
    blur, Jan 25, 2006
  6. me

    ShazWozza Guest

    me wrote:

    > Apart from getting a car that dosen't leak oil,does anyone have
    > suggestions for getting oil stains off concrete?
    >
    > I have tried various things,including bleach(liquid and
    > powder),dishwashing liquid,even the gunk brand engine degreaser in the
    > spray cans,but the concrete just soaks that shit up. I have even tried
    > combinations of these
    > but still nothing really works 100% , maybe 50% at best. There dosent
    > seem to be anything available that is chemically strong enough to do the
    > job.
    >
    > Also,I don't expect to just put something on and it will magically
    > disappear,i realise that a certain amount of scrubbing the floor on hands
    > and knees is invloved !!
    >
    > Any methods you have tried that work?

    Have you tried Sodium Hydroxide (caustic soda)? It works on most oil stains.
    ShazWozza, Jan 25, 2006
  7. "antwine" <> wrote in message
    > Get a bag of Portland cement from local building
    > merchandise store, sprinkle handfuls of it over the
    > stain. Let it set overnight. Should get most of the oil.
    > Repeat if required,

    Just don't get Portland cement wet before it's swept up.
    James C. Reeves, Jan 25, 2006
  8. me

    K-Ken-Mammy Guest

    Re:It's a job for Super * Hen* aka K-Hen-Mammy.

    "me" <> wrote in message news:XgzBf.11287$jR.1247@fed1read01...
    > Apart from getting a car that dosen't leak oil,does anyone have
    > suggestions for getting oil stains off concrete?

    You can get a hold of Super *Hen* K-Hen-Mammy aka K-Man. She'll peck the
    stains out of the cement with her Super Beak. Then she'll squat down and
    feather it up.
    K-Ken-Mammy, Jan 25, 2006
  9. me

    K-Ken-Mammy Guest

    Re: K-Ken-Mammy, Wild Blond Amateur Tranny Asshole Banging

    K-Ken-Mammy <>, the derelict old fart and tentacled
    moll who likes crazed anal inspections with shrews, and whose partner is
    a fancy-woman with a shabby hair pie, wrote in

    K-Ken-Mammy, Jan 25, 2006
  10. me

    JANA Guest

    This is not a topic for this group.

    One of the best solutions is to get a high pressure washer for concrete.
    This may do the job for you. Putting cement powder on to the stained area,
    working it in, and then letting it sit over night may help out. Don't get it
    wet.

    From the 7 year old, another solution that sounds odd, is to oil down the
    complete driveway, and then all of it will match.

    I found that with oil stains, after a number of months they tend to fade
    away. In the fall I get the cars sprayed with mineral oil to protect them
    from rusting. When I park them on the street, or in the driveway, they drip
    for a number of days. By the time spring comes around, the stains are not
    showing.

    Where ever you park a car, there is the chance that there will be a few
    drops of oil. After an oil change, if there are a few drops that spilled,
    and was not spotted to be cleaned, there is a chance that they may end up on
    the surface below the car. Sometimes they can take a while to fall.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Jan 25, 2006
  11. me

    Duane Arnold Guest

    JANA <> wrote in message
    <>...

    > This is not a topic for this group.

    BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHA! You fucking JANATARD. There is no specification whatsoever
    for what is asked in the group or not asked in the group. Grow a fucking
    wart and use it as a brain, you fuckheaded fool.

    --
    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Jan 25, 2006
  12. me

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:6azx$1ink.nut,
    Duane Arnold spewed forth:
    > JANA <> wrote in message
    > <>...
    >
    >> This is not a topic for this group.

    > BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHA! You fucking JANATARD. There is no specification
    > whatsoever for what is asked in the group or not asked in the group.
    > Grow a fucking wart and use it as a brain, you fuckheaded fool.

    Jana, while the real Duane didn't spew that filth out of his PC, the concept
    is correct. There is no "off topic" for this group.

    Toolman Tim, Jan 25, 2006
  13. me wrote:

    > Apart from getting a car that dosen't leak oil,does anyone have
    > suggestions for getting oil stains off concrete?
    >
    > I have tried various things,including bleach(liquid and
    > powder),dishwashing liquid,even the gunk brand engine degreaser in
    > the spray cans,but the concrete just soaks that shit up. I have even
    > tried combinations of these but still nothing really works 100% ,
    > maybe 50% at best. There dosent seem to be anything available that
    > is chemically strong enough to do the job.
    >
    > Also,I don't expect to just put something on and it will magically
    > disappear,i realise that a certain amount of scrubbing the floor on
    > hands and knees is invloved !!
    >
    > Any methods you have tried that work?

    I'm surprised no-one has suggested the old standby: TSP (trisodium
    phosphate). It should be available at any hardware store, sold where
    the driveway sealer would be sold.
    Hugo Schmeisser, Jan 25, 2006
  14. me wrote:

    > Apart from getting a car that dosen't leak oil,does anyone have
    > suggestions for getting oil stains off concrete?
    >
    > I have tried various things,including bleach(liquid and
    > powder),dishwashing liquid,even the gunk brand engine degreaser in
    > the spray cans,but the concrete just soaks that shit up. I have even
    > tried combinations of these but still nothing really works 100% ,
    > maybe 50% at best. There dosent seem to be anything available that
    > is chemically strong enough to do the job.
    >
    > Also,I don't expect to just put something on and it will magically
    > disappear,i realise that a certain amount of scrubbing the floor on
    > hands and knees is invloved !!
    >
    > Any methods you have tried that work?

    www.google.com

    Enter the search terms:
    tsp concrete cleaner
    Hugo Schmeisser, Jan 25, 2006
  15. Blinky the Shark, Jan 25, 2006
  16. On Tue, 24 Jan 2006, me wrote:

    > Apart from getting a car that dosen't leak oil,does anyone have suggestions
    > for getting oil stains off concrete?

    Use the correct material for the job. Just about any good hardware or auto
    parts store carries very effective concrete degreasers. Gunk GP is an
    oldie and goodie.

    > I have tried various things,including bleach(liquid and
    > powder),dishwashing liquid,even the gunk brand engine degreaser in the
    > spray cans

    Ummm...why? Your driveway is not white laundry, so bleach is not the
    correct choice. Your garage floor is not dinnerware, so dishwashing liquid
    is wrong. And I'm pretty sure I've never seen an engine made out of
    concrete, so engine degreaser's the wrong gookum, too.

    > dosent seem to be anything available that is chemically strong enough to
    > do the job.

    Sure there is -- it just apparently never occurred to you to ask for
    "driveway degreaser".

    > Also,I don't expect to just put something on and it will magically
    > disappear,i realise that a certain amount of scrubbing the floor on
    > hands and knees is invloved !!

    Or, y'know, if you're *really* smart, it might occur to use a pushbroom to
    do the scrubbing standing up.

    Here, this is the stuff you're after:
    http://ace.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pACE2-981751reg.jpg
    Daniel J. Stern, Jan 25, 2006
  17. me wrote:
    > Apart from getting a car that dosen't leak oil,does anyone have suggestions
    > for getting oil stains off concrete?
    >
    > I have tried various things,including bleach(liquid and powder),dishwashing
    > liquid,even the gunk brand engine degreaser in the spray cans,but the
    > concrete just soaks that shit up. I have even tried combinations of these
    > but still nothing really works 100% , maybe 50% at best. There dosent seem
    > to be anything available that is chemically strong enough to do the job.
    >
    > Also,I don't expect to just put something on and it will magically
    > disappear,i realise that a certain amount of scrubbing the floor on hands
    > and knees is invloved !!
    >
    > Any methods you have tried that work?
    >
    > cheers

    I haven't tried it myself, but I have been told that oven cleaner such
    as Easy Off works very well.

    --
    Grandpa Chuck
    -ô¿ô-

    SEVEN MORE ADDED TO THE LIST OF AMERICAN SOLDIERS KILLED
    IN THIS TERRIBLE WAR THIS MORNING.

    The following information is given with the utmost respect
    for the armed forces and civilians who have died in the
    current war in Iraq. According to http://icasualties.org/oif/
    The number of Americans killed in Iraq as of Jan. 23, 2006 is 2,236.
    United Kingdom = 98
    Other = 103
    Iraqi deaths in excess of 30,000
    according to President Bush - probably many more.
    Grandpa Chuck, Jan 25, 2006
  18. me

    Jerry Noble Guest

    "me" <> wrote in message news:XgzBf.11287$jR.1247@fed1read01...
    > Apart from getting a car that dosen't leak oil,does anyone have

    suggestions
    > for getting oil stains off concrete?
    >
    > I have tried various things,including bleach(liquid and

    powder),dishwashing
    > liquid,even the gunk brand engine degreaser in the spray cans,but the
    > concrete just soaks that shit up. I have even tried combinations of these
    > but still nothing really works 100% , maybe 50% at best. There dosent

    seem
    > to be anything available that is chemically strong enough to do the job.
    >
    > Also,I don't expect to just put something on and it will magically
    > disappear,i realise that a certain amount of scrubbing the floor on hands
    > and knees is invloved !!
    >
    > Any methods you have tried that work?
    >
    > cheers

    What ever you do to remove the stains you should remove any liquid oil
    first. The thing for that is cat litter. Put it on the oil puddle and rub it
    in with your shoe sole, then sweep it up. Depending on the amount of oil,
    you might have to do it several times. In any case the concrete will still
    be stained. Deluted muratic acid applied with a scrub brush will remove the
    stain, but it will leave a place that is much lighter than the rest of the
    concrete.
    Jerry Noble, Jan 25, 2006
  19. me

    Plato Guest

    me wrote:

    > Apart from getting a car that dosen't leak oil,does anyone have suggestions
    > for getting oil stains off concrete?

    As an aside, oil stains sink in 2 or more inches into concrete.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jan 25, 2006
  20. me

    ferretkona Guest

    " "Apart from getting a car that dosen't leak oil,does anyone have
    suggestions
    for getting oil stains off concrete? ,,Any methods you have tried that
    work? " "

    I park in my neighbors driveway, no stains on mine!!

    But when he parks on mine it comes up with detergent and a brush.
    ferretkona, Jan 25, 2006