    longer with this district and my new district will not allow me access to
    Internet/Intranet until I remove these old domain names. Can this be done
    without formatting my drive or completely reloading Windows.

    =?Utf-8?B?amlt?=, Sep 14, 2006

  2. When I turn the computer on, I am prompted with Ctrl+Alt+Delete. The window
    "Log On to Windows" appears with 3 fields:
    "User Name," "Password," and "Log on to"
    The Log on to is a drop-down menu which shows all the domains in my old
    school district, for example: KENNEDY-DOMAIN, BUNKER-DOMAIN, LINCOLN-DOMAIN,
    and so on. These are the entries that are disturbing my IT guy at my new
    school district. Before they will let me on the network, I have to make
    these disappear.

    I hope I have provided you with the information to make my request better
    understoond.

    =?Utf-8?B?amlt?=, Sep 15, 2006

  3. This seems to be a 'pure' networking issue and you might have more and
    quicker respons from a networking NG.

    Try - microsoft.public.[yourOS].networking?

    I know there is a windows2000.networking group and xp /vista should have one
    to.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Sep 15, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?amlt?=

    Carl Rash Guest

    I'm not sure if this will help, if you are comfortable with using the
    registry editor check settings under the following key:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

    Carl Rash, Sep 15, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?amlt?=

    Nut Cracker Guest

    the solution is simple ...

    create a local ID and password (administrator level) on the laptop. Then,
    leave the old domain that the laptop is part of, by joining a workgroup (ANY
    workgroup). Then, when you have access to the new network, join the
    appropriate domain.

    When you join the workgroup, the list of cached domains will disappear.

    sweet and simple.

    - NuTs

    Nut Cracker, Sep 16, 2006
  6. Thank you for your help. I will pass this information along to my IT
    department.

    Jim

    =?Utf-8?B?amlt?=, Sep 17, 2006