  1. My new computer came with a trial version of Norton Internet Security
    2010 loaded. What is the best way to completely remove this?

    Will "revo uninstaller" do the job or do I have to do something extra?
    n o s p a m p l e a s e, Feb 2, 2010

  2. n o s p a m p l e a s e

    richard Guest

    On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 23:01:33 -0800 (PST), n o s p a m p l e a s e wrote:

    > My new computer came with a trial version of Norton Internet Security
    > 2010 loaded. What is the best way to completely remove this?
    >
    > Will "revo uninstaller" do the job or do I have to do something extra?

    Best thing you can do for your machine. I have every time.
    Just do the uninstall with their file or through control panel.

    When you're done, replace it with comodo.
    www.comodo.com
    It's free.
    richard, Feb 2, 2010

  3. n o s p a m p l e a s e

    POGO PUNY Guest

    In article
    <>,
    n o s p a m p l e a s e <> wrote:

    > My new computer came with a trial version of Norton Internet Security
    > 2010 loaded. What is the best way to completely remove this?
    >
    > Will "revo uninstaller" do the job or do I have to do something extra?

    Search Google for Norton uninstall and there is an app for that
    POGO PUNY, Feb 2, 2010
  4. On Feb 2, 8:06 am, richard <> wrote:
    > On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 23:01:33 -0800 (PST), n o s p a m p l e a s e wrote:
    >
    > > My new computer came with a trial version of Norton Internet Security
    > > 2010 loaded. What is the best way to completely remove this?

    > > Will "revo uninstaller" do the job or do I have to do something extra?

    > Best thing you can do for your machine. I have every time.
    > Just do the uninstall with their file or through control panel.
    >
    > When you're done, replace it with comodo.www.comodo.com
    > It's free.

    Why not MSE instead of comodo that is not as good rated as MSE?
    n o s p a m p l e a s e, Feb 2, 2010
  5. n o s p a m p l e a s e

    richard Guest

    On Tue, 2 Feb 2010 00:03:25 -0800 (PST), n o s p a m p l e a s e wrote:

    > On Feb 2, 8:06 am, richard <> wrote:
    >> On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 23:01:33 -0800 (PST), n o s p a m p l e a s e wrote:
    >>
    >>> My new computer came with a trial version of Norton Internet Security
    >>> 2010 loaded. What is the best way to completely remove this?

    >>> Will "revo uninstaller" do the job or do I have to do something extra?

    >> Best thing you can do for your machine. I have every time.
    >> Just do the uninstall with their file or through control panel.
    >>
    >> When you're done, replace it with comodo.www.comodo.com
    >> It's free.

    > Why not MSE instead of comodo that is not as good rated as MSE?

    Comodo has many more features with it than most do. It tells you what's
    happening on your machine in real time. It tells you when any program, even
    offline, wants to change a registry key.

    A lot of stuff you need to know is only a click away.

    As far as I'm concerned, any firewall or AV program offered by M$ ain't
    good.

    Just try comodo for a couple of weeks. It won't hurt.
    richard, Feb 2, 2010
  6. n o s p a m p l e a s e

    Ian Jackson Guest

    In message <-september.org>, POGO
    PUNY <> writes
    >In article
    ><>,
    > n o s p a m p l e a s e <> wrote:
    >
    >> My new computer came with a trial version of Norton Internet Security
    >> 2010 loaded. What is the best way to completely remove this?
    >>
    >> Will "revo uninstaller" do the job or do I have to do something extra?

    >Search Google for Norton uninstall and there is an app for that

    Yes. It's here:
    <http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/200503310816203
    9>
    That's the way to do it!
    --
    Ian
    Ian Jackson, Feb 2, 2010
  7. On Feb 2, 9:09 am, richard <> wrote:
    > On Tue, 2 Feb 2010 00:03:25 -0800 (PST), n o s p a m p l e a s e wrote:

    > >> Best thing you can do for your machine. I have every time.
    > >> Just do the uninstall with their file or through control panel.

    > >> When you're done, replace it with comodo.www.comodo.com
    > >> It's free.

    > > Why not MSE instead of comodo that is not as good rated as MSE?

    > Comodo has many more features with it than most do. It tells you what's
    > happening on your machine in real time. It tells you when any program, even
    > offline, wants to change a registry key.
    >
    > A lot of stuff you need to know is only a click away.
    >
    > As far as I'm concerned, any firewall or AV program offered by M$ ain't
    > good.
    >
    > Just try comodo for a couple of weeks. It won't hurt.

    Are you referring to comodo firewall or their antivirus?
    n o s p a m p l e a s e, Feb 2, 2010
  8. n o s p a m p l e a s e

    *Less* Guest

    "Ian Jackson" <> wrote in message .
    > In message <-september.org>, POGO
    > PUNY <> writes
    >>In article
    >><>,
    >> n o s p a m p l e a s e <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> My new computer came with a trial version of Norton Internet Security
    >>> 2010 loaded. What is the best way to completely remove this?
    >>>
    >>> Will "revo uninstaller" do the job or do I have to do something extra?

    >>Search Google for Norton uninstall and there is an app for that

    > Yes. It's here:
    > <http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/200503310816203
    > 9>
    > That's the way to do it!
    > --
    > Ian

    I get the following from your Link:

    *Less*

    Symantec.com > Norton > Support > Solutions Library

    Symantec Knowledge Base

    We're Sorry ...

    An error has occurred in the Symantec Knowledge Base.

    You may have:

    accessed a document which is no longer available
    attempted to open an invalid document
    OR ...
    there could be a temporary problem.

    Please press the BACK button in your web browser or go back to the
    Symantec Support page.

    Server Error Message:
    HTTP Web Server: Lotus Notes Exception - Entry not found in index
    *Less*, Feb 2, 2010
  9. n o s p a m p l e a s e

    Ian Jackson Guest

    In message <nvX9n.2770$>, *Less* <**>
    writes

    >"Ian Jackson" <> wrote in message .
    >> In message <-september.org>,
    >>POGO PUNY <> writes
    >>>In article
    >>><>,

    >>>Search Google for Norton uninstall and there is an app for that

    >> Yes. It's here:
    >> <http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/200503310816203
    >> 9>
    >> That's the way to do it!
    >> -- Ian

    >I get the following from your Link:
    >
    >*Less*
    >

    >Symantec.com > Norton > Support > Solutions Library
    >
    >Symantec Knowledge Base
    >
    >We're Sorry ...
    >
    >An error has occurred in the Symantec Knowledge Base.
    >
    >You may have:
    >
    >accessed a document which is no longer available
    >attempted to open an invalid document
    >OR ...
    >there could be a temporary problem.
    >
    >Please press the BACK button in your web browser or go back to the
    >Symantec Support page.
    >
    >Server Error Message:
    >HTTP Web Server: Lotus Notes Exception - Entry not found in index

    Well, it works for me. It takes you (me) straight to
    "Download and run the Norton Removal Tool"

    Save your Product Key, then download and run the Norton Removal Tool
    You may need your Product Key when you reinstall your Norton product. To
    be safe, follow the steps for your product to be sure that you have your
    Product Key if it is needed.

    The steps differ depending on what product you have.

    Choose your product:

    I have a Norton product that was purchased from my service provider
    I have Norton 360 Version 3.0
    I have Norton 360
    I have a Norton 2010 product
    I have a Norton 2009 product
    I have Norton SystemWorks 12.0
    I have a Norton 2008 product
    I have a Norton 2007 product
    I have a Norton 2006 product
    I have a Norton 2005 or 2004 product
    I have a Norton 2003 product
    I have Norton Ghost or Norton Save & Restore
    I have pcAnywhere or WinFax

    I've tried a couple of these links. The download works OK, giving you
    'Norton_Removal_Tool.exe'
    --
    Ian
    Ian Jackson, Feb 2, 2010
  10. n o s p a m p l e a s e

    *Less* Guest

    "Ian Jackson" <> wrote in message ..
    > In message <nvX9n.2770$>, *Less* <**>
    > writes
    >>
    >>"Ian Jackson" <> wrote in message
    >>.
    >>> In message <-september.org>, POGO
    >>> PUNY <> writes

    >>> Yes. It's here:
    >>> <http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/200503310816203
    >>> 9>
    >>> That's the way to do it!
    >>> -- Ian

    >>I get the following from your Link:
    >>
    >>*Less*
    >>

    >>Symantec.com > Norton > Support > Solutions Library
    >>
    >>Symantec Knowledge Base
    >>
    >>We're Sorry ...
    >>
    >>An error has occurred in the Symantec Knowledge Base.
    >>
    >>You may have:
    >>
    >>accessed a document which is no longer available
    >>attempted to open an invalid document
    >>OR ...
    >>there could be a temporary problem.
    >>
    >>Please press the BACK button in your web browser or go back to the
    >>Symantec Support page.
    >>
    >>Server Error Message:
    >>HTTP Web Server: Lotus Notes Exception - Entry not found in index
    >>

    > Well, it works for me. It takes you (me) straight to
    > "Download and run the Norton Removal Tool"
    >
    > Save your Product Key, then download and run the Norton Removal Tool
    > You may need your Product Key when you reinstall your Norton product. To
    > be safe, follow the steps for your product to be sure that you have your
    > Product Key if it is needed.
    >
    > The steps differ depending on what product you have.
    >
    > Choose your product:
    >
    > I have a Norton product that was purchased from my service provider
    > I have Norton 360 Version 3.0
    > I have Norton 360
    > I have a Norton 2010 product
    > I have a Norton 2009 product
    > I have Norton SystemWorks 12.0
    > I have a Norton 2008 product
    > I have a Norton 2007 product
    > I have a Norton 2006 product
    > I have a Norton 2005 or 2004 product
    > I have a Norton 2003 product
    > I have Norton Ghost or Norton Save & Restore
    > I have pcAnywhere or WinFax
    >
    > I've tried a couple of these links. The download works OK, giving you
    > 'Norton_Removal_Tool.exe'
    > --
    > Ian

    Thanks Ian,

    My brother runs Norton on his Computer and he still has a few Months left,
    clean his
    Computer, I am going to forward this info to my Brother for later use.

    *Less*
    *Less*, Feb 3, 2010
  11. n o s p a m p l e a s e

    *Less* Guest

    "~BD~" <> wrote in message
    > *Less* wrote:
    >>
    >> "Ian Jackson" <> wrote in message
    >> .
    >>> In message <-september.org>, POGO
    >>> PUNY <> writes

    >>> Yes. It's here:
    >>> <http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/200503310816203
    >>> 9>

    snip

    > I suspect that when you clicked on the link posted you left a '9'
    > behind!
    >
    > If you add it back on in the address bar, the link works as intended!
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > --
    > Dave

    Hi Dave,

    You are right it must be my limited characters cut off on my OE, now I see
    the "9"
    is returned on the next line.I did type "9" on the Address bar and it
    worked,
    I am going to check and maybe increase the Line characters to 85 or 90.

    Thanks for letting me notice

    *Less*
    *Less*, Feb 3, 2010
  12. n o s p a m p l e a s e

    Fred Guest

    "POGO PUNY" <> wrote in message
    > In article
    > <>,
    > n o s p a m p l e a s e <> wrote:
    >
    >> My new computer came with a trial version of Norton Internet Security
    >> 2010 loaded. What is the best way to completely remove this?
    >>
    >> Will "revo uninstaller" do the job or do I have to do something extra?

    > Search Google for Norton uninstall and there is an app for that

    What on earth does that do, rather than simply uninstalling from control
    panel?
    Fred, Feb 5, 2010
  13. On Feb 5, 6:15 am, "Fred" <> wrote:
    > "POGO PUNY" <> wrote in message

    > > In article
    > > <>,
    > > n o s p a m p l e a s e <> wrote:

    > >> My new computer came with a trial version of Norton Internet Security
    > >> 2010 loaded. What is the best way to completely remove this?

    > >> Will "revo uninstaller" do the job or do I have to do something extra?

    > > Search Google for Norton uninstall and there is an app for that

    > What on earth does that do, rather than simply uninstalling from control
    > panel?

    What a advice!
    n o s p a m p l e a s e, Feb 5, 2010
  14. On Feb 2, 8:06 am, richard <> wrote:
    > On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 23:01:33 -0800 (PST), n o s p a m p l e a s e wrote:
    >
    > > My new computer came with a trial version of Norton Internet Security
    > > 2010 loaded. What is the best way to completely remove this?

    > > Will "revo uninstaller" do the job or do I have to do something extra?

    > Best thing you can do for your machine. I have every time.
    > Just do the uninstall with their file or through control panel.
    >
    > When you're done, replace it with comodo.www.comodo.com
    > It's free.

    Comodo Internet Security is not a good product. Please see below link.

    n o s p a m p l e a s e, Feb 7, 2010