    Noted that Symantec have a RNAV utility that cleans your system of
    NAV 2003, what about 2004?

    Any help appreciated

    Ian H, May 19, 2004

  2. Ian H

    Brian Guest

    Brian, May 19, 2004

  3. Ian H

    x@y Guest

    "Ian H" <mac2564@_hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Win 98se
    >
    > Have just installed Norton Antivirus 2004, after removing 2003

    ver.
    > Having nothing but problems, "Not enough Memory" locking up

    etc.
    > Think the problem is from bits of 2003 ver being left behind.
    > Want to uninstall all and start again.
    > Noted that Symantec have a RNAV utility that cleans your system

    of
    > NAV 2003, what about 2004?
    >
    > Any help appreciated

    Hello "Ian H" !!
    I found this Link on Google.
    (www.ursoftware.com/?ref=g_uninstall_programs)
    Good Luck x@y.

    x@y, May 19, 2004
  4. Ian H

    Plato Guest

    Ian H wrote:

    > Have just installed Norton Antivirus 2004, after removing 2003 ver.
    > Having nothing but problems, "Not enough Memory" locking up etc.
    > Think the problem is from bits of 2003 ver being left behind.
    > Want to uninstall all and start again.
    > Noted that Symantec have a RNAV utility that cleans your system of
    > NAV 2003, what about 2004?

    I dont believe they have removal utility for 2004.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, May 19, 2004
  5. Ian H

    Ron Martell Guest

    Ian H <mac2564@_hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Win 98se
    >
    >Have just installed Norton Antivirus 2004, after removing 2003 ver.
    >Having nothing but problems, "Not enough Memory" locking up etc.
    >Think the problem is from bits of 2003 ver being left behind.
    >Want to uninstall all and start again.
    >Noted that Symantec have a RNAV utility that cleans your system of
    >NAV 2003, what about 2004?
    >
    >Any help appreciated

    NAV 2004 *is* a virus.

    And especially if you have WindowsMe. Almost everyone who tries NAV
    2004 on WindowsMe is unable to get it to work. So if that is your
    operating system then you should return it to the retailer as being
    "unsuited for the purpose that it was sold" and get your money back.

    And even for other versions of Windows it is often preferable to use
    NAV 2003 with a new subscriptions for virus definition updates rather
    than struggle with the many shortcomings of NAV 2004.

    Or better still to switch to a more reliable antivirus product such as
    eTrust, Kaspersky, or even AVG.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    Ron Martell, May 20, 2004
  6. Ian H

    Ian H Guest

    On Wed, 19 May 2004 05:53:16 GMT, Ian H <mac2564@_hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Win 98se
    >
    >Have just installed Norton Antivirus 2004, after removing 2003 ver.
    >Having nothing but problems, "Not enough Memory" locking up etc.
    >Think the problem is from bits of 2003 ver being left behind.
    >Want to uninstall all and start again.
    >Noted that Symantec have a RNAV utility that cleans your system of
    >NAV 2003, what about 2004?
    >
    >Any help appreciated

    One further thing
    When trying to Unistall NAV2004
    I get the following

    "Setup has detected that LiveUpdate is running. Please stop LiveUpdate
    and relauch setup. Setup will now abort"

    Fair enough, but how does one close LiveUpdate?
    ctrl/alt/del brings up the tasks that are running, but nothing is
    obvious.

    .....Ian

    Ian H, May 22, 2004
  7. Ian H wrote:

    > On Wed, 19 May 2004 05:53:16 GMT, Ian H <mac2564@_hotmail.com> wrote:
    >

    >>Win 98se
    >>
    >>Have just installed Norton Antivirus 2004, after removing 2003 ver.
    >>Having nothing but problems, "Not enough Memory" locking up etc.
    >>Think the problem is from bits of 2003 ver being left behind.
    >>Want to uninstall all and start again.
    >>Noted that Symantec have a RNAV utility that cleans your system of
    >>NAV 2003, what about 2004?
    >>
    >>Any help appreciated

    > One further thing
    > When trying to Unistall NAV2004
    > I get the following
    >
    > "Setup has detected that LiveUpdate is running. Please stop LiveUpdate
    > and relauch setup. Setup will now abort"
    >
    > Fair enough, but how does one close LiveUpdate?
    > ctrl/alt/del brings up the tasks that are running, but nothing is
    > obvious.
    >
    > ....Ian

    The easiest way is to boot in "safemode". Then it won't start live
    update etc.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Marius_J=F8nsrud?=, May 22, 2004
  8. Ian H

    Ian H Guest

    On Thu, 20 May 2004 07:35:34 GMT, Ron Martell <>
    wrote:

    >Ian H <mac2564@_hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Win 98se
    >>
    >>Have just installed Norton Antivirus 2004, after removing 2003 ver.
    >>Having nothing but problems, "Not enough Memory" locking up etc.
    >>Think the problem is from bits of 2003 ver being left behind.
    >>Want to uninstall all and start again.
    >>Noted that Symantec have a RNAV utility that cleans your system of
    >>NAV 2003, what about 2004?
    >>
    >>Any help appreciated

    >NAV 2004 *is* a virus.
    >
    >And especially if you have WindowsMe. Almost everyone who tries NAV
    >2004 on WindowsMe is unable to get it to work. So if that is your
    >operating system then you should return it to the retailer as being
    >"unsuited for the purpose that it was sold" and get your money back.
    >
    >And even for other versions of Windows it is often preferable to use
    >NAV 2003 with a new subscriptions for virus definition updates rather
    >than struggle with the many shortcomings of NAV 2004.
    >
    >Or better still to switch to a more reliable antivirus product such as
    >eTrust, Kaspersky, or even AVG.
    >
    >Good luck
    >

    >Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada

    Thanks for all your comments.
    Not happy with NAV2004, too many problems relating to previous
    installs. May change over to Mcafee.

    Thanks...Ian

    Ian H, May 23, 2004
  9. Ian H

    Ron Martell Guest

    Ian H <mac2564@_hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Thanks for all your comments.
    >Not happy with NAV2004, too many problems relating to previous
    >installs. May change over to Mcafee.

    In my opinion that would be like jumping from the frying pan into the
    fire.

    McAfee may not cause as many serious problems as Norton but it
    definitely drags down the performance of the system and probably even
    more so than Norton.

    Ron Martell, May 24, 2004