    I have Win Xp and want to remove MSN Messenger. How do I do it?

    Thanks

    M Finch

    msf_977, Feb 9, 2005

  2. msf_977 wrote:
    > I have Win Xp and want to remove MSN Messenger. How do I do it?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > M Finch

    Have you tried the Add/Remove Programs applet?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Feb 9, 2005

  3. msf_977

    Liz Guest

    Liz, Feb 9, 2005
  4. msf_977

    Dataspider Guest

    On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 23:01:23 GMT, "msf_977" <>
    wrote:

    >I have Win Xp and want to remove MSN Messenger. How do I do it?
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >M Finch

    Try this:
    http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com/

    Dataspider, Feb 9, 2005
  5. msf_977

    philo Guest

    "msf_977" <> wrote in message
    >I have Win Xp and want to remove MSN Messenger. How do I do it?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > M Finch

    google for removemessenger.vbs

    philo, Feb 10, 2005
  6. msf_977

    Dot Guest

    "msf_977" <> wrote in message
    >I have Win Xp and want to remove MSN Messenger. How do I do it?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > M Finch

    Go to C:\WINDOWS\inf.
    Look for a file called "sysoc.inf", open it in Notepad. On the menu bar,
    click on Edit - Replace. In the "Find what " field type the word "hide",
    don't type anything in the "Replace with" field, leave it empty. Then click
    on "Replace All". Save the file when asked.

    Now go to "Add or Remove Programs - Add /Remove Windows Components" and
    you'll be able to see all the Windows components Bill Gates would like you
    to have against your will.
    Scroll down until you see two Windows Messenger "options" and uncheck both.

    Then go to Start - Programs - Administrative Tools - Services and scroll
    down to Messenger. Double click it and choose "Disable" from the drop-down
    menu next to Startup Type.
    Goodbye Messenger!

    Dot, Feb 10, 2005