    i do not have the icon showing in the tray

    thanks a lot,

    Yves

    Yves, Oct 9, 2003

  2. Yves

    Harrison Guest

    http://windows.about.com/library/tips/bltip550.htm

    Harrison, Oct 9, 2003

  3. Yves

    trollster Guest

    or you could just rename the directory that it resides in if you dont want
    to mess with the registry....A little bit more safe for people that dont
    want to mess with there registry.

    --

    Where I made a webpage and no body came....

    http://www.digitalwarlords.com/phpBB2/

    trollster, Oct 9, 2003
  4. Yves

    joe Guest

    I'm back!! And to celebrate, Yves yelled out:
    > Can anybody tell me how to remove msn messenger, as i do not use at
    > all, ans it's always running in the background ....
    > i do not have the icon showing in the tray
    >
    > thanks a lot,
    >
    > Yves

    control panal-->add / remove programs-->MSN Messenger-->remove

    joe, Oct 9, 2003
  5. Yves

    Richard Guest

    Yves wrote:

    > Can anybody tell me how to remove msn messenger, as i do not use at
    > all,
    > ans it's always running in the background ....
    > i do not have the icon showing in the tray

    > thanks a lot,

    > Yves

    Rename the folder. Since it can't find the EXE file, it assumes it isn't
    there and nothing happens.
    If you should want to use it, it's still there ready for you like any other
    program.

    Richard, Oct 9, 2003
  6. Yves

    °Mike° Guest

    Open up your run box (Start / Run) and copy/paste the
    following into it:

    RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\inf\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

    On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 08:30:38 -0400, in
    <>
    Yves scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Oct 9, 2003
  7. Yves

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Richard said:

    > Yves wrote:
    >
    > > Can anybody tell me how to remove msn messenger, as i do not use at
    >> all,
    >> ans it's always running in the background ....
    >> i do not have the icon showing in the tray

    >> thanks a lot,

    >> Yves

    > Rename the folder. Since it can't find the EXE file, it assumes it isn't
    > there and nothing happens.
    > If you should want to use it, it's still there ready for you like any other
    > program.

    Stop giving out this lame method of getting rid of a nuisance, you obviously
    don't know the correct method so why don't you just STFU?

    Brian H¹©, Oct 9, 2003