removing malware - frustrating and time consuming

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Howie, Mar 31, 2005.

  1. Howie

    Howie Guest

    I have tried to removing malware from numerous PC of friends and family in
    the past, with some successes and some failures. I have a few questions
    about the process...

    1. I have had a high degree of trouble removing malware from Windows XP
    machines... is this typical? When I run "Ad-Aware SE" & "Spy-Bot Search and
    Destroy", the malware just seems to come right back after a repeat malware
    scan... why is this? Even after a restart (and numerous re-scan), there is
    still a fair number of malware items detected, but not able to remove...
    comments?

    2. I have also tried to post a HighJackThis log as well on a help forum,
    but the list is removal steps are just are time consuming and technical as a
    complete Windows XP re-install... bummer... comments?

    3. Have any tips/advice/suggestions/advice on how is the best way to tackle
    this malware BS?

    Howie

    Howie, Mar 31, 2005