    have to do it.

    I thought it might be Color Corrector but it makes no mention of
    removing colorstripe macrovision.

    Mike, Feb 21, 2005

  2. Mike

    theyak Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks.php

    theyak, Feb 21, 2005

  3. "Mike" <> wrote in message
    <<I know Sima has something to remove it but anyone know what exactly they
    have to do it.>>

    <<I thought it might be Color Corrector but it makes no mention of removing
    colorstripe macrovision.>>

    The key to getting the Sima Color Corrector to remove colorstripe
    Macrovision is to use an S-video cable from the DVD player into the SCC.
    (You will need to do this even if your VHS recorder has only an RCA
    composite video input.)

    The SCC has a built in S-video to composite converter, so you can still hook
    up the SCC output to a conventional non-super VHS recorder.

    In my personal experience, the colorstripe Macrovision needs to be removed
    by the SCC through use of its S-video circuitry.

    One-Shot Scot, Feb 22, 2005
  4. Mike

    Mike Guest

    That's not a problem, my main DVD connection to the TV is component with
    the composite being used to go through the VCR. The S-Video is unused
    and ready to connect in that fashion as long as it can be output in
    composite.

    Mike, Feb 22, 2005