    What use is IE 64 bit anyway....it comes to something when I can only
    download and install Win 64 bit updates with the 32 bit browser.....whats the
    fricken' point!
    =?Utf-8?B?UGl4ZWxjcmF6eQ==?=, Jan 17, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UGl4ZWxjcmF6eQ==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    You can't remove it as it is too integrated with the OS (explorer). IE32 is
    the default browser, but if you use a link from a 64-bit source (ONE) you
    will get the 64-bit browser. Vista64 has the problem solved. When Vista64
    has a large enough install base (XP X64 doesn't) you will see the various
    vendors add support. Java and Flash will update their programs (which will
    annoy many here that like not having Flash and choose IE64 to avoid it).

    John Barnes, Jan 17, 2007

  3. There are three IE browsers in both XP Pro x64 and Vista x64. One is the
    32bit browser. Two of them are 64bit. One of the 64bit is the No Add-On
    browser. To see these in Vista x64, type "int" in Start Search. To see
    them in XP Pro x64, use the All Programs menu.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 17, 2007