    any other ways of doing this? Thanks
    S.

    ---
    Sonn, Aug 27, 2003

  2. Sonn

    Rob Guest

    "Sonn" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Does anyone have a fast method for removing formatting from email / web
    > pages when they are pasted into, say, Word. (I sometimes paste into word

    > print if the columns are too narrow, to save paper, or save pages as
    > archive; referenced of course). Removing the paragraph marks throughout
    > text works with Word's search / find & replace, but can be slow. Are

    there
    > any other ways of doing this? Thanks
    > S.

    Are these in html format?

    Try notetab lite www.notetab.com

    Rob
    Rob, Aug 27, 2003

  3. Sonn

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Sonn" wrote
    > Does anyone have a fast method for removing formatting from email / web
    > pages when they are pasted into, say, Word. (I sometimes paste into word

    > print if the columns are too narrow, to save paper, or save pages as
    > archive; referenced of course).

    Paste it into Notepad first, then copy and paste into Word.
    T.N.O., Aug 27, 2003
  4. Sonn

    John Guest

    Sonn wrote:

    > Does anyone have a fast method for removing formatting from email / web
    > pages when they are pasted into, say, Word. (I sometimes paste into word to
    > print if the columns are too narrow, to save paper, or save pages as
    > archive; referenced of course). Removing the paragraph marks throughout
    > text works with Word's search / find & replace, but can be slow. Are there
    > any other ways of doing this? Thanks
    > S.

    Go Format-Autoformat and follow your nose on what
    option to choose.

    John
    John, Aug 27, 2003
  5. Sonn

    Howard Guest

    Sonn wrote:

    > Does anyone have a fast method for removing formatting from email /
    > web pages when they are pasted into, say, Word. (I sometimes paste
    > into word to print if the columns are too narrow, to save paper, or
    > save pages as archive; referenced of course). Removing the paragraph
    > marks throughout text works with Word's search / find & replace, but
    > can be slow. Are there any other ways of doing this? Thanks

    Don't just Paste. Go Edit | Paste Special and select the format that you
    want...

    -H
    Howard, Aug 27, 2003
  6. Sonn

    Sonn Guest

    "Howard" <> wrote in message
    > Sonn wrote:
    >
    > > Does anyone have a fast method for removing formatting from email /
    > > web pages when they are pasted into, say, Word. (I sometimes paste
    > > into word to print if the columns are too narrow, to save paper, or
    > > save pages as archive; referenced of course). Removing the paragraph
    > > marks throughout text works with Word's search / find & replace, but
    > > can be slow. Are there any other ways of doing this? Thanks

    > Don't just Paste. Go Edit | Paste Special and select the format that you
    > want...
    >
    > -H

    Yes, paste special only gives one option this time, I guess it depends on
    the formatting? Anyway, not always suitable, thanks.
    S.

    ---
    Sonn, Aug 27, 2003
  7. Thus spake Sonn:
    > Does anyone have a fast method for removing formatting from email / web
    > pages when they are pasted into, say, Word.

    Paste into Notepad (or another plain text editor) first.
    --
    aaronl at consultant dot com
    http://homepages.visp.co.nz/~aaronlawrence
    Aaron Lawrence, Aug 27, 2003
  8. Sonn

    Sonn Guest

    "Aaron Lawrence" <> wrote in message
    > Thus spake Sonn:
    > > Does anyone have a fast method for removing formatting from email / web
    > > pages when they are pasted into, say, Word.

    > Paste into Notepad (or another plain text editor) first.
    > --
    > aaronl at consultant dot com
    > http://homepages.visp.co.nz/~aaronlawrence
    > ..Gross Ignorance: 144 times worse than ordinary ignorance.

    Thanks all.
    S.

    ---
    Sonn, Aug 28, 2003
  9. Sonn

    kiwee Guest

    I use a program called e-clean, very good for cleaning up web based text for
    use in word processing
    cheers
    kiwee

    kiwee, Aug 28, 2003
  10. Sonn

    Patrick Bold Guest

    Try the macro below and see if it suits your needs. Select the text you
    want to re-format and run. It strips out all paragraph marks except
    those that separate actual paragraphs -- but note the assumption here
    that two consecutive paragraph marks (^p^p) define a paragraph. Adjust
    as needed. Created for Word XP but should work as well for 2000.

    Sub Format_CleanCrLfTxt()
    'Cleanup text copied with cr/lf
    Dim myRange As Range

    Set myRange = Selection.Range
    'Mark paragraphs
    With myRange.Find
    .Text = "^p^p"
    .Replacement.Text = "@#@#"
    .Forward = True
    .Wrap = wdFindStop
    .Format = False
    .MatchCase = False
    .MatchWholeWord = False
    .MatchWildcards = False
    .MatchSoundsLike = False
    .MatchAllWordForms = False
    .Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll
    End With
    'Replace all other para marks with space
    With myRange.Find
    .Text = "^p"
    .Replacement.Text = " "
    .Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll
    End With
    'Replace two spaces with one
    With myRange.Find
    .Text = " "
    .Replacement.Text = " "
    .Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll
    End With
    'Re-install para marks for actual paragraphs
    With myRange.Find
    .Text = "@#"
    .Replacement.Text = "^p"
    .Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll