Removing -- ERROR: Command requires failover licence

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by B Squared, Jan 26, 2006.

  1. B Squared

    B Squared Guest

    We recently upgraded our PIX 515 from 7.02 to 7.04. As a result I'm
    now getting the error:

    ERROR: Command requires failover license

    when I view the configuration file via "show run". I checked an
    archived copy of the configuration from the 7.02 days, the error
    is certainly in response to the line:

    monitor-interface outside

    We don't have a failover license. I figure I made a mistake in
    adding the monitor interface command in the first place, and 7.02
    just allowed it. What I need is a way to remove this error from the
    configuration file. Whenever I type "no monitor-interface outside"
    in config mode, I just get the error "ERROR: Command requires
    failover licence" again. How do I remove this from the
    configuration?

    Thanks in advance for any help.

    B Squared
    B Squared, Jan 26, 2006