    contest submission. Kodak says their software won't allow this. Does
    anyone have suggestions? Thanks.

    , Jul 21, 2005

  2. FMV Guest

    Probably need a program like Photoshop and use the healing brush or clone
    stamp to remove the areas involved; If anyone has a better and easier way I
    would also like to know as I took about 20 photos in Stockholm 2 years ago
    with my Coolpix 3100, and somehow had turned on the date and time stamp. I
    was not pleased with the results in Photoshop.

    Fred

    FMV, Jul 21, 2005

  3. Peter Guest

    Peter, Jul 21, 2005
  4. Peter Guest

    wrote:
    > I've taken photos with my Kodak DX7440, all with the datestamp imbedded
    > in the image. Now I would like to remove the datestamp for photo
    > contest submission. Kodak says their software won't allow this. Does
    > anyone have suggestions? Thanks.

    http://www.kodak.com/global/en/serv...html?chapsec=urg00261c2s12&pq-path=2321#IX101

    This shows you how to turn off or on the date stamp. always have the
    datestamp off. then you can put the datestamp in from the EXIF data when
    you want it. this can be done from the majority of programs available

    Peter, Jul 21, 2005
  5. Hunt Guest

    In article <>, says...

    >Probably need a program like Photoshop and use the healing brush or clone
    >stamp to remove the areas involved; If anyone has a better and easier way I
    >would also like to know as I took about 20 photos in Stockholm 2 years ago
    >with my Coolpix 3100, and somehow had turned on the date and time stamp. I
    >was not pleased with the results in Photoshop.
    >
    >Fred

    This is the best method, Fred. Unfortunately, there is not an image "below"
    the date stamp, so you have to Clone in the info from the surrounding.
    Depending on the background, this might be a piece-o-cake, or require
    artistic, labor-intensive work. It is possible to Clone anything out, but you
    might end up "creating" more than just "retouching."

    Hunt

    PS the higher the rez, the better the end results will be. Also, if the images
    are RAW, or TIFF, you are ahead, as a Saved JPG of a JPG will degrade to some
    degree.

    Hunt, Jul 22, 2005
  6. Hunt Guest

    In article <42df78bf$0$27877$>,
    ..au says...

    > wrote:
    >> I've taken photos with my Kodak DX7440, all with the datestamp imbedded
    >> in the image. Now I would like to remove the datestamp for photo
    >> contest submission. Kodak says their software won't allow this. Does
    >> anyone have suggestions? Thanks.
    >>

    >http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/publications/urg00261toc.jhtml?

    chapsec=ur
    >g00261c2s12&pq-path=2321#IX101
    >
    >This shows you how to turn off or on the date stamp. always have the
    >datestamp off. then you can put the datestamp in from the EXIF data when
    >you want it. this can be done from the majority of programs available

    Peter,

    I could be wrong, but I think that the OP has already taken the shots with the
    datestamp on. Your advice will certainly help them with later shots.

    Hunt

    Hunt, Jul 22, 2005
  7. bill Guest

    I found a free photo editing pgm, PhotoFiltre, with powerful features,
    amongst which was a cloning tool. That did the trick. As a sidenote,
    the terminology used in digital imaging tools (cloning, morphing, etc)
    is foreign to me. Is there a good explanation somewhere?

    bill, Aug 11, 2005