    How do I get rid of this it is driving me crazy!!!!!!

    any help would be appreciated.

    TIA
    Jack B. Pollack, Jul 7, 2004

  2. > I have a few computers infected with CoolWebSearch.
    > I have tried CoolWebSearch Shredder, Adaware (in deep cleaning mode),
    > PestPatrol, and SpyBot. All pick up CWS and say it is removed, but on
    > subsequent boots it returns.

    Are you using Microsoft System Restore?

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...y/en-us/dnwxp/html/windowsxpsystemrestore.asp

    http://www.linspire.com/
    http://www.lycoris.com/products/
    http://www.mandrakesoft.com/products/
    http://www.suse.com/en/private/products/suse_linux/
    http://www.xandros.com/
    Alexander Rogge, Jul 7, 2004

  3. Jack B. Pollack

    Angie Guest

    Use a little program called CWShredder-I think you can find it in
    Bootdisk.com

    Angie, Jul 7, 2004
  4. Tried it, it didn't work.

    Jack B. Pollack, Jul 7, 2004
  5. Howdy!

    "Jack B. Pollack" <> wrote in message
    > I have a few computers infected with CoolWebSearch.
    >
    > I have tried CoolWebSearch Shredder, Adaware (in deep cleaning mode),
    > PestPatrol, and SpyBot. All pick up CWS and say it is removed, but on
    > subsequent boots it returns.
    >
    > How do I get rid of this it is driving me crazy!!!!!!

    There's a couple of VERY resistant strains out there.

    I'd check the Malware / Parasiteware info from http://www.aumha.org
    first.

    You DO need to be running in SAFE mode, with "Show all files" turned
    on, for the cleaning to work. And, if you're on XP or 2K, you need to be an
    administrator.

    Plus, on 2K/XP, you need to re-run the cleaning for EVERY user.

    RwP

    Ralph W. Phillips, Jul 7, 2004
  6. Jack B. Pollack

    Alvaro Amsah Guest

    Ralph W. Phillips wrote:
    > Howdy!

    Moron.

    *plonk*
    Alvaro Amsah, Jul 7, 2004
  7. Jack B. Pollack

    lsj7 Guest

    Jack B. Pollack wrote:
    > I have a few computers infected with CoolWebSearch.
    >
    > I have tried CoolWebSearch Shredder, Adaware (in deep cleaning mode),
    > PestPatrol, and SpyBot. All pick up CWS and say it is removed, but on
    > subsequent boots it returns.
    >
    > How do I get rid of this it is driving me crazy!!!!!!
    >
    > any help would be appreciated.
    >
    > TIA

    www.spywareinfo.com
    free scanner on the left side of the menu

    --

    Cherish, therefore, the spirit of our people, and keep alive their
    attention. .If once they become inattentive to the public affairs, you

    _________Jefferson to Carrington 1787

    lsj7
    lsj7, Jul 7, 2004