    --
    Dave Croft
    Warrington
    Dave Croft, Jul 13, 2007

  2. Dave Croft wrote:

    > I have been trying to print images of white text on a black
    > background. I have tried various ways to convert the image to black
    > text on a white background to save on black ink when printed. I will
    > only be doing a few copies as the only need is to take a few jokes to
    > the pub! See below for a typical example of the job.
    > http://wwwscala.blogspot.com/2007/07/cruise-gone-wrong.html I would
    > like to print just the joke in the centre. I have been using "Print
    > Screen" & pasting the text to a new image. I have Adobe PS7 & have
    > tried everything I can think of to no avail. Can anyone help please?
    > TIA

    This?

    Cruise Gone Wrong

    A Cruise in the Pacific goes all wrong, the ship sinks. There were only
    3 survivors: George, Darren and Deirdre. ...

    It's just text, not an image. Copy and paste it into your word processor
    and format it to taste.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 13, 2007

  3. Dave Croft

    Dave Croft Guest

    > Dave Croft wrote:
    >
    >> I have been trying to print images of white text on a black
    >> background. I have tried various ways to convert the image to black
    >> text on a white background to save on black ink when printed. I will
    >> only be doing a few copies as the only need is to take a few jokes to
    >> the pub! See below for a typical example of the job.
    >> http://wwwscala.blogspot.com/2007/07/cruise-gone-wrong.html I would
    >> like to print just the joke in the centre. I have been using "Print
    >> Screen" & pasting the text to a new image. I have Adobe PS7 & have
    >> tried everything I can think of to no avail. Can anyone help please?
    >> TIA

    > This?
    >
    > Cruise Gone Wrong
    >
    > A Cruise in the Pacific goes all wrong, the ship sinks. There were only
    > 3 survivors: George, Darren and Deirdre. ...
    >
    > It's just text, not an image. Copy and paste it into your word processor
    > and format it to taste.
    > -bts

    Thank you BTS! I had a feeling there was a simple way of doing it
    but my aged brain only tried the too technical methods.

    --
    Dave Croft
    Warrington
    Dave Croft, Jul 13, 2007
  4. Dave Croft wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
    >> Dave Croft wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have been trying to print images of white text on a black
    >>> background. I have tried various ways to convert the image ...

    >> This?
    >>
    >> Cruise Gone Wrong
    >>
    >> A Cruise in the Pacific goes all wrong, the ship sinks. There were only
    >> 3 survivors: George, Darren and Deirdre. ...
    >>
    >> It's just text, not an image. Copy and paste it into your word processor
    >> and format it to taste.

    > Thank you BTS! I had a feeling there was a simple way of doing it
    > but my aged brain only tried the too technical methods.

    How old is your brain?

    By using your word processor for this kind of task, you can also correct
    spelling, grammatical, and punctuation errors, if that is important.

    This one you can just print:
    http://k75s.home.att.net/camel.html

    Why is "George" such a popular guy in jokes?

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 13, 2007
  5. Dave Croft

    Dave Croft Guest

    > Dave Croft wrote:

    >>> This?
    >>>
    >>> Cruise Gone Wrong
    >>>
    >>> A Cruise in the Pacific goes all wrong, the ship sinks. There were only
    >>> 3 survivors: George, Darren and Deirdre. ...
    >>>
    >>> It's just text, not an image. Copy and paste it into your word processor
    >>> and format it to taste.

    >> Thank you BTS! I had a feeling there was a simple way of doing it
    >> but my aged brain only tried the too technical methods.

    > How old is your brain?
    >
    > By using your word processor for this kind of task, you can also correct
    > spelling, grammatical, and punctuation errors, if that is important.
    >
    > This one you can just print:
    > http://k75s.home.att.net/camel.html
    >
    > Why is "George" such a popular guy in jokes?
    > -bts

    My brain is 66 years old but its capacity was reduced when it was 61.
    I was riding my bike when I was run over by an 85 year old motorist.
    I got compo but I would rather swap the compo for my brain back. 8^)
    --
    Dave Croft
    Warrington
    Dave Croft, Jul 13, 2007
  6. Dave Croft wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
    >> Dave Croft wrote:
    >>> Thank you BTS! I had a feeling there was a simple way of doing it
    >>> but my aged brain only tried the too technical methods.

    >> How old is your brain?

    > My brain is 66 years old but its capacity was reduced when it was 61.

    Aha, your brain is only months older than my brain.

    > I was riding my bike when I was run over by an 85 year old motorist.
    > I got compo but I would rather swap the compo for my brain back. 8^)

    Oooh. Sorry to hear that.

    The only encounter I've ever had with a 'motorist' was when a
    six-wheeled service truck with an inattentive driver pulled from a
    parking lot directly into my path. There was a larger truck blocking the
    view. Speed was slow, and the only damage was to the motorcycle - and my
    full-face helmet.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 13, 2007
  7. Dave Croft

    Guest

    "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote:

    >The only encounter I've ever had with a 'motorist' was when a
    >six-wheeled service truck with an inattentive driver pulled from a
    >parking lot directly into my path. There was a larger truck blocking the
    >view. Speed was slow, and the only damage was to the motorcycle - and my
    >full-face helmet.

    I was watching a car at an intersection, the lady was looking left and
    right (lost).

    Bitc# pulled in front of me, then off to the side of the road; I
    figure she saw what happened and was letting me pass, I sped up and
    she flipped a U-turn.

    Of course I hit her, there was no way to avoid it. I flew over the
    handle bars and hit the drivers window face first, Small kid standing
    in front seat saw the whole thing. - yes officer he was wearing a seat
    belt :))

    I was wearing a full face helmet, ended up with just a sore wrist.

    They would not press attempted murder charges like I wanted, not even
    an option.
    --
    Fractal Seashore
    http://tinyurl.com/39959n
  8. wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote:
    >
    >>The only encounter I've ever had with a 'motorist' ...

    > I was watching a car at an intersection, the lady was looking left and
    > right (lost).
    >
    > Bitc# pulled in front of me, ...

    I had terse words for the driver of the truck as well. <g>

    > I was wearing a full face helmet, ended up with just a sore wrist.

    Lovely things, aren't they? Those helmets, I mean.

    > They would not press attempted murder charges like I wanted, not even
    > an option.

    I had city police and an ambulance on the scene in less than two
    minutes. I didn't need the ambulance of course, but the 911 callers
    didn't know that.

    I tried to get the cops to issue a ticket for .. something .. but
    failed. He did lose his job, though; I guess that was enough. And his
    insurance covered everything.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 13, 2007