    remove AOL. This is the only info I have. Will I have any problems? and
    what is the best way short of formating and re installing windows me?

    Thanks Ron
    ron, Oct 21, 2003

  2. ron

    Ralph Mann Guest

    ron said:

    > Hi I just had a phone call from a computer illiterate relative to go and
    > remove AOL. This is the only info I have. Will I have any problems? and
    > what is the best way short of formating and re installing windows me?
    >

    > Thanks Ron

    Format and *don't* re-install WinME :)
    Ralph Mann, Oct 21, 2003

  3. start>settings>control panel>add/remove programs remove the AOL entry,
    sorted.

    The Herbaholic, Oct 21, 2003
  4. ron

    ron Guest

    "Ralph Mann" <> wrote in message
    > ron said:
    >
    > > Hi I just had a phone call from a computer illiterate relative to go and
    > > remove AOL. This is the only info I have. Will I have any problems? and
    > > what is the best way short of formating and re installing windows me?
    > >

    > > Thanks Ron

    > Format and *don't* re-install WinME :)

    They don't have a copy of anything else. I suppose I could install my copy
    of Windows XP Pro and get her to lie to to Microsoft over the phone :)
    NOTE SMILEY

    Ron
    ron, Oct 21, 2003
  5. I have NEVER been able to completely remove AOL, so I run cleansweep on all
    of my systems. At the very least, you'll still have, in Microsoft Internet
    Exploder the "fact" that it's been provided byt AOL.

    Gilbert E. Nelson, Oct 21, 2003
  6. ron

    Ralph Mann Guest

    ron said:

    > "Ralph Mann" <> wrote in message
    >> ron said:
    >>
    >>> Hi I just had a phone call from a computer illiterate relative to go and
    >>> remove AOL. This is the only info I have. Will I have any problems? and
    >>> what is the best way short of formating and re installing windows me?
    >>>

    >>> Thanks Ron

    >> Format and *don't* re-install WinME :)

    > They don't have a copy of anything else. I suppose I could install my copy
    > of Windows XP Pro and get her to lie to to Microsoft over the phone :)
    > NOTE SMILEY
    >
    > Ron

    Did she upgrade from 98se? She would be much better off going back to 98se than
    staying with ME, it (ME) is such an unstable platform.
    The other thing would be for her to step up to 2000, and a clean install of that
    would be better than upgrading over 98, let alone 98ME.
    Ralph Mann, Oct 21, 2003
  7. ron

    Harrison Guest

    Easily changed
    http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q176/4/97.asp

    Harrison, Oct 21, 2003
  8. ron

    Richard Guest

    Gilbert E. Nelson wrote:

    > I have NEVER been able to completely remove AOL, so I run cleansweep
    > on all
    > of my systems. At the very least, you'll still have, in Microsoft
    > Internet
    > Exploder the "fact" that it's been provided byt AOL.

    Open the registry and search for "windowtitle" or "WindowTitle".
    If you'd like, change the wording to something else and leave the key in
    place.
    Richard, Oct 22, 2003
  9. ron

    Richard Guest

    Ralph Mann wrote:

    > ron said:

    >> "Ralph Mann" <> wrote in message

    >>> Format and *don't* re-install WinME :)

    >> They don't have a copy of anything else. I suppose I could install my
    >> copy
    >> of Windows XP Pro and get her to lie to to Microsoft over the phone
    >> :)
    >> NOTE SMILEY

    >> Ron

    > Did she upgrade from 98se? She would be much better off going back to
    > 98se than
    > staying with ME, it (ME) is such an unstable platform.
    > The other thing would be for her to step up to 2000, and a clean
    > install of that
    > would be better than upgrading over 98, let alone 98ME.

    Not if you installed ME with a full standalone version and not an upgrade.
    The original upgrade had problems. But I've had ME for 2 years and very few
    problems.
    No more so than any previous windows OS did.
    Richard, Oct 22, 2003
  10. ron

    Plato Guest

    ron wrote:

    > Hi I just had a phone call from a computer illiterate relative to go and
    > remove AOL. This is the only info I have. Will I have any problems? and
    > what is the best way short of formating and re installing windows me?

    AOL has an uninstall feature.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Oct 23, 2003
  11. ron

    Rifleman Guest

    Plato wrote:
    > ron wrote:
    >>
    >> Hi I just had a phone call from a computer illiterate relative to go
    >> and remove AOL. This is the only info I have. Will I have any
    >> problems? and what is the best way short of formating and re
    >> installing windows me?

    > AOL has an uninstall feature.

    Which does NOT uninstall "everything"
    Rifleman, Oct 23, 2003
  12. ron

    Plato Guest

    Rifleman wrote:

    > >> Hi I just had a phone call from a computer illiterate relative to go
    > >> and remove AOL. This is the only info I have. Will I have any
    > >> problems? and what is the best way short of formating and re
    > >> installing windows me?

    > > AOL has an uninstall feature.

    > Which does NOT uninstall "everything"

    Of course. Generally tho it works OK.