    this file?
    Thanks

    , Jan 15, 2010

  2. Paul Guest

    wrote:
    > I was having a system runtime error.(8163) after I installed and when
    > I use the Kodak Home Security software I got with my new ESP5250
    > printer. I ran the HP uninstall which deleted most of the program
    > files but there were still some leftover that remained. I deleted them
    > manually.
    > Only one remains " HpqSRmon.exe"
    > Error message says "this is a program file: access denied, then check
    > to see if the disc is full." Kodak thinks this file may be the reason
    > for my runtime error 8163. I have already done a clean of the
    > Microsoft .NET framework 2.0 and reinstalled it. How can I get rid of
    > this file?
    > Thanks

    http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Lockups-Freezes-Hangs/Problem-Identified-HPQSRMON-EXE/m-p/160804

    "I have since disabled HPQSRMON.EXE in the Startup group using MSCONFIG"

    Try disabling it first, and the next time you boot the computer, it
    should not be running. And then perhaps you can delete it.
    A file that is "busy", might not delete so easily. If
    the file isn't running, you may be able to delete it.

    If that still fails, there are programs like "unlocker".
    But as long as you understand the mechanism by which you're
    being prevented from getting at a file, tools like this
    shouldn't be needed. And if even that fails, I just boot
    a Linux LiveCD, and hammer the offender from there :)

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unlocker

    Paul

    Paul, Jan 15, 2010

  3. JD Guest

    On 15/01/2010 6:26 AM, wrote:
    > I was having a system runtime error.(8163) after I installed and when
    > I use the Kodak Home Security software I got with my new ESP5250
    > printer. I ran the HP uninstall which deleted most of the program
    > files but there were still some leftover that remained. I deleted them
    > manually.
    > Only one remains " HpqSRmon.exe"
    > Error message says "this is a program file: access denied, then check
    > to see if the disc is full." Kodak thinks this file may be the reason
    > for my runtime error 8163. I have already done a clean of the
    > Microsoft .NET framework 2.0 and reinstalled it. How can I get rid of
    > this file?
    > Thanks

    As Paul says the program is in use, that is why you cannot delete it, it
    is probably still running in memory to stop it ether start up in safe
    mode in which case it should not be running however that is not always
    the case (very bad program design!) in that case you should start your
    task manager (ctrl+alt+del) and look for the process, once you find it
    you can highlight it and "End Task".

    When its no longer running you can delete the HpqSRmon.exe file, if you
    start the PC up and it gives you an error message like "HpqSRmon.exe
    file not found, press OK to continue" you have to delete the startup
    entries using ether msconfig (start > run > type "msconfig" > in the
    startup tab) or use HijackThis from trend micro (free)
    http://go.trendmicro.com/free-tools/hijackthis/HijackThis.exe
    and check the "HpqSRmon.exe" entry(s)

    JD

    JD, Jan 15, 2010
  4. Guest

    Re: Removing an HP HpqSRmon.exe file

    On Jan 15, 5:09�am, JD <> wrote:
    > On 15/01/2010 6:26 AM, wrote:
    >
    > > I was having a system runtime error.(8163) after I installed and when
    > > I use the Kodak Home Security software I got with my new ESP5250
    > > printer. I ran the HP uninstall which deleted most of the program
    > > files but there were still some leftover that remained. I deleted them
    > > manually.
    > > Only one remains " HpqSRmon.exe"
    > > Error message says "this is a program file: access denied, then check
    > > to see if the disc is full." Kodak thinks this file may be the reason
    > > for my runtime error 8163. I have already done a clean of the
    > > Microsoft .NET framework 2.0 and reinstalled it. How can I get rid of
    > > this file?
    > > Thanks

    > As Paul says the program is in use, that is why you cannot delete it, it
    > is probably still running in memory to stop it ether start up in safe
    > mode in which case it should not be running however that is not always
    > the case (very bad program design!) in that case you should start your
    > task manager (ctrl+alt+del) and look for the process, once you find it
    > you can highlight it and "End Task".
    >
    > When its no longer running you can delete the HpqSRmon.exe file, if you
    > start the PC up and it gives you an error message like "HpqSRmon.exe
    > file not found, press OK to continue" you have to delete the startup
    > entries using ether msconfig (start > run > type "msconfig" > in the
    > startup tab) or use HijackThis from trend micro (free)http://go.trendmicro.com/free-tools/hijackthis/HijackThis.exe
    > and check the "HpqSRmon.exe" entry(s)
    >
    > JD

    Thanks. Starting it in safe mode I was able to delete the file.
    Unfortunately it didn't stop the error message from the Kodak printer
    software. I'll have to keep working on that.

    , Jan 17, 2010