removing address bar history in FireFox

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mike Easter, Mar 17, 2009.

  1. Mike Easter

    Mike Easter Guest

    don wrote:
    > How do you selectively remove the www's from the FireFox Address history
    > bar - the suggestions I read online deleted them but the next time I
    > started fiefox they came back -

    That is history. In the linux versions before 3, its configuration is
    found in Edit menu/ Preferences item/ Privacy tab/ History section.
    Uncheck the remember pages for x days.

    I don't have a win firefox running just now to see if it is in the same
    place.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Mar 17, 2009

  2. Mike Easter

    G. Morgan Guest

    don wrote:

    >How do you selectively remove the www's from the FireFox Address history
    >bar - the suggestions I read online deleted them but the next time I started
    >fiefox they came back -

    You can turn that off with:

    http://about:config

    browser.urlbar.matchOnlyTyped

    Set it to "true"

    --
    "Newspaper claims car thief transformed into a goat"
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090124/ap_on_fe_st/odd_goat_thief_5

    **Important Update**
    Magic goat detained for armed robbery:
    http://news.uk.msn.com/odd-news/Article.aspx?cp-documentid=13298291

    G. Morgan, Mar 17, 2009

  3. Mike Easter

    don Guest

    don, Mar 17, 2009
  4. Mike Easter

    sittingduck Guest

    don wrote:

    > How do you selectively remove the www's from the FireFox Address history
    > bar - the suggestions I read online deleted them but the next time I
    > started fiefox they came back -

    Highlight the one you want gone. Hold ctrl and then hit delete.

    --
    http://improve-usenet.org
    No passion so effectually robs the mind of all its powers of acting and

    sittingduck, Mar 17, 2009