    news.tesco.net?
    --
    I can't go on, I'll go on.
    Frederick Williams, Mar 10, 2010

  2. Frederick Williams

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2010-03-10, Frederick Williams <> wrote:
    > I used to use news.tesco.net but I no longer do. If I remove it with
    > 'right-click delete selection' it comes back again unbidden. If I
    > delete the directory C:\Program
    > Files\Netscape\Users\peter_percival\News\host-news.tesco.net it comes
    > back again unbidden.
    >
    > How can I get rid of the directory and the reference in Netscape to
    > news.tesco.net?

    Is there anything about removing servers in the dialogue you use to add
    them?

    There is a users' web forum at
    <http://www.ufaq.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=1> where you
    might find someone else still using your venerable software. Another good
    place to try is the newsgroup news.software.readers.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Mar 10, 2010

  3. Whiskers wrote:

    > > How can I get rid of the directory and the reference in Netscape to
    > > news.tesco.net?

    > Is there anything about removing servers in the dialogue you use to add
    > them?

    No.

    > There is a users' web forum at
    > <http://www.ufaq.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=1> where you

    "
    Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /modules.php on this server.

    Apache/1.3.41 Ben-SSL/1.59 Server at www.ufaq.org Port 80
    "

    > might find someone else still using your venerable software. Another good
    > place to try is the newsgroup news.software.readers.

    Thanks for the suugestion.

    --
    I can't go on, I'll go on.
    Frederick Williams, Mar 10, 2010
  4. Frederick Williams

    kraut Guest

    On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 14:37:38 +0000, Frederick Williams
    <> wrote:

    >> There is a users' web forum at
    >> <http://www.ufaq.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=1> where you

    >"
    >Forbidden
    >You don't have permission to access /modules.php on this server.

    It worked fine for me
    kraut, Mar 10, 2010
  5. Frederick Williams

    richard Guest

    On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 12:04:53 +0000, Frederick Williams wrote:

    > I used to use news.tesco.net but I no longer do. If I remove it with
    > 'right-click delete selection' it comes back again unbidden. If I
    > delete the directory C:\Program
    > Files\Netscape\Users\peter_percival\News\host-news.tesco.net it comes
    > back again unbidden.
    >
    > How can I get rid of the directory and the reference in Netscape to
    > news.tesco.net?

    should have a servers/accounts menu. Somewhere in there you will find a
    dialog box to add or remove accounts. Highlight the one you want and click
    delete.
    richard, Mar 10, 2010
  6. Frederick Williams

    Moldy Cheese Guest

    Frederick Williams wrote:

    > I used to use news.tesco.net but I no longer do. If I remove it with
    > 'right-click delete selection' it comes back again unbidden. If I
    > delete the directory C:\Program
    > Files\Netscape\Users\peter_percival\News\host-news.tesco.net it comes
    > back again unbidden.
    >
    > How can I get rid of the directory and the reference in Netscape to
    > news.tesco.net?
    > --
    > I can't go on, I'll go on.

    Click on Edit, then Preferences, then Newsgroup Servers. Highlight
    news.tesco.net, and then click the delete button.
    Moldy Cheese, Mar 11, 2010
  7. Frederick Williams

    Moldy Cheese Guest

    kraut wrote:

    > On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 14:37:38 +0000, Frederick Williams
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > >> There is a users' web forum at
    > >> <http://www.ufaq.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=1> where you

    > >"
    > >Forbidden
    > >You don't have permission to access /modules.php on this server.
    > >

    > It worked fine for me

    Worked for me also.
    Moldy Cheese, Mar 11, 2010