    str8 to the modem and can't seem to reset. When I try the repair option on
    the properties box, it says it cannot renew the ip address. I'm kinda
    stumped and appreciate any suggestions, thanks.
    CranduNy, Sep 11, 2005

  2. CranduNy

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "CranduNy" <> wrote in
    news:C1YUe.30515$%:

    > I have this pc that set to the 169.x.x.x address and won't release.
    > I've uninstalled the adapter, removed winsock, reset the modem,
    > router, connected str8 to the modem and can't seem to reset. When I
    > try the repair option on the properties box, it says it cannot renew
    > the ip address. I'm kinda stumped and appreciate any suggestions,
    > thanks.

    You do know what the 169 IP is about don't you? What O/S is it that you did
    something with Winsock and how did you remove it or did you
    reinstall/initialize it?

    And have you tried IPconfig /release and IPconfig /renew yet?

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Sep 11, 2005

  3. CranduNy

    Jim Berwick Guest

    "CranduNy" <> wrote in

    > str8 to the modem and can't seem to reset. When I try the repair
    > option on the properties box, it says it cannot renew the ip address.
    > I'm kinda stumped and appreciate any suggestions, thanks.

    Reinstall TCP/IP
    Jim Berwick, Sep 12, 2005
  4. CranduNy

    CranduNy Guest

    thanks, I actually found a repair utility which fixed the problem.
    Appreciate all the help.

    CranduNy, Sep 12, 2005