    all my preferences, my downloads and bookmarks from Mozilla! How is
    this possible? Is there someplace on the computer that holds these
    files? I seem to be back to square one. Can anyone clue me in?

    JW, Apr 14, 2006

  2. JW wrote:

    > Was having download problems with Mozilla. I removed it from my
    > computer, did a disk cleanup, a defrag and was confident that I had
    > no files left. I downloaded Firefox, ran it, and found that it had
    > gotten all my preferences, my downloads and bookmarks from Mozilla!
    > How is this possible? Is there someplace on the computer that holds
    > these files? I seem to be back to square one. Can anyone clue me in?

    All of the Mozilla products use profiles _not_ stored in Program Files.
    They are under
    c:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Mozilla ...

    If you don't want that profile, use the browser to set up a new one.

    http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer