Removeable media missing, presumed dead!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Les Hemmings, Jun 18, 2006.

  1. Les Hemmings

    Les Hemmings Guest

    In control panel there used to be an icon for removable media such as mp3
    players and digital cameras. It named the device drive I/: and let you
    access it via an explorer window.

    That icon has gone missing! Any ideas what the program is called and where
    it lurks? I seem to remember an area of like named progs that comprised the
    control panel..

    Les

    --
    Remove Frontal Lobes to reply direct.

    http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/hxflyers/

    http://armsofmorpheus.blogspot.com/

    http://www.xenu.net/

    http://www.venganza.org/index.htm

    Les Hemmings a.a #2251 SA
    Les Hemmings, Jun 18, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Les Hemmings

    joevan Guest

    On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 18:28:20 +0100, "Les Hemmings"
    <> wrote:

    > In control panel there used to be an icon for removable media such as mp3
    >players and digital cameras. It named the device drive I/: and let you
    >access it via an explorer window.
    >
    >That icon has gone missing! Any ideas what the program is called and where
    >it lurks? I seem to remember an area of like named progs that comprised the
    >control panel..
    >
    >Les

    Did you remove the hardware for a camera?
    If you plug in a camera setup it should appear on the taskbar. But you
    didn't say what OS you are using. It does such on my xp.
    When I plug in the camera apparatus, or memory reader an icon appears
    on my task bar. ????
    --
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should both be changed frequently
    and for the same reason."
    joevan, Jun 18, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Les Hemmings

    Les Hemmings Guest

    joevan wrote:
    > On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 18:28:20 +0100, "Les Hemmings"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > Did you remove the hardware for a camera?
    > If you plug in a camera setup it should appear on the taskbar. But you
    > didn't say what OS you are using. It does such on my xp.
    > When I plug in the camera apparatus, or memory reader an icon appears
    > on my task bar. ????


    It was called "'Portable Media Devices" in control panel. Any idea what the
    ..cpl was caled? Have tried loading all the unloaded .cpl's from the
    registry. Checked with TweakUI.. still not there..

    XP Pro Corperate

    Les


    --
    Remove Frontal Lobes to reply direct.

    http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/hxflyers/

    http://armsofmorpheus.blogspot.com/

    http://www.xenu.net/

    http://www.venganza.org/index.htm

    Les Hemmings a.a #2251 SA
    Les Hemmings, Jun 18, 2006
    #3
  4. Les Hemmings

    beenthere Guest

    "Les Hemmings" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > joevan wrote:
    >> On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 18:28:20 +0100, "Les Hemmings"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >> Did you remove the hardware for a camera?
    >> If you plug in a camera setup it should appear on the taskbar. But you
    >> didn't say what OS you are using. It does such on my xp.
    >> When I plug in the camera apparatus, or memory reader an icon appears
    >> on my task bar. ????

    >
    > It was called "'Portable Media Devices" in control panel. Any idea what
    > the .cpl was caled? Have tried loading all the unloaded .cpl's from the
    > registry. Checked with TweakUI.. still not there..
    >
    > XP Pro Corperate
    >
    > Les
    >
    >
    > --
    > Remove Frontal Lobes to reply direct.
    >
    > http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/hxflyers/
    >
    > http://armsofmorpheus.blogspot.com/
    >
    > http://www.xenu.net/
    >
    > http://www.venganza.org/index.htm
    >

    Hi Les I`ve got a .cpl called Scanners & cameras in XP.
    But in 15 years, I`ve never seen the one you mention.
    beenthere, Jun 18, 2006
    #4
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Grace

    Removeable Disk

    Grace, Jun 12, 2005, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    2,792
    dwacon
    Jun 13, 2005
  2. Jerry

    Camera not recognised as "removeable disk"

    Jerry, Oct 28, 2005, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    10
    Views:
    927
    Walter Dnes (delete the 'z' to get my real address
    Oct 30, 2005
  3. Tripod - Removeable Head or Bogen 718B

    , Nov 28, 2005, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    350
    Bill Tuthill
    Nov 28, 2005
  4. pete

    Removeable Drive

    pete, Apr 23, 2007, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    8
    Views:
    1,063
  5. AustinMN

    Re: Removeable Drive

    AustinMN, Apr 24, 2007, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    532
Loading...

Share This Page