    Can somebody put me out of my Misery and tell me what the cure is.
    Thanks in Advance
    Pete
    pete, Apr 23, 2007

  2. pete

    Ron Recer Guest

    "pete" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I am Tearing my Hair out with a problem that has now raised it's head.
    > I used to run Windows XP pro, and had no problem whwn connecting my
    > Fuji Finepix S5000 Zoom Camera, the "I " drive would always appear
    > and transfer of pics to the computer was always carried out with No
    > Problem. There was never any software installed for this,
    > it all worked on XP.
    > I now have windows xp pro with SP2.To my horror when connecting the
    > camera the "I" drive fails to appear. I have installed The Fuji
    > Finepix Software and got the XP upgrade from The Fuji Web Site and
    > Install3d that but Still NO "I" drive.This applies when using " My
    > Computer" or Exif Launcher.
    > Can somebody put me out of my Misery and tell me what the cure is.
    > Thanks in Advance
    > Pete

    I assume you have some type of removable memory card in your camera. Buy
    one of the many card readers available for $20 or so. They work like any
    other drive once you insert your memory card.

    Ron
    Ron Recer, Apr 23, 2007

  3. pete

    AustinMN Guest

    On Apr 23, 10:32 am, pete <> wrote:
    > I am Tearing my Hair out with a problem that has now raised it's head.
    > I used to run Windows XP pro, and had no problem whwn connecting my
    > Fuji Finepix S5000 Zoom Camera, the "I " drive would always appear
    > and transfer of pics to the computer was always carried out with No
    > Problem. There was never any software installed for this,
    > it all worked on XP.
    > I now have windows xp pro with SP2.To my horror when connecting the
    > camera the "I" drive fails to appear. I have installed The Fuji
    > Finepix Software and got the XP upgrade from The Fuji Web Site and
    > Install3d that but Still NO "I" drive.This applies when using " My
    > Computer" or Exif Launcher.
    > Can somebody put me out of my Misery and tell me what the cure is.
    > Thanks in Advance

    Any chance that it's there, but no longer the "I:" drive? I know when
    I had a driver problem with my CD burner, all the subsequent drives
    shifted by one letter "E:" became "D:," "F:" became "E:," etc.

    Austin
    AustinMN, Apr 23, 2007
  4. pete

    Dave Cohen Guest

    AustinMN wrote:
    > On Apr 23, 10:32 am, pete <> wrote:
    >> I am Tearing my Hair out with a problem that has now raised it's head.
    >> I used to run Windows XP pro, and had no problem whwn connecting my
    >> Fuji Finepix S5000 Zoom Camera, the "I " drive would always appear
    >> and transfer of pics to the computer was always carried out with No
    >> Problem. There was never any software installed for this,
    >> it all worked on XP.
    >> I now have windows xp pro with SP2.To my horror when connecting the
    >> camera the "I" drive fails to appear. I have installed The Fuji
    >> Finepix Software and got the XP upgrade from The Fuji Web Site and
    >> Install3d that but Still NO "I" drive.This applies when using " My
    >> Computer" or Exif Launcher.
    >> Can somebody put me out of my Misery and tell me what the cure is.
    >> Thanks in Advance

    > Any chance that it's there, but no longer the "I:" drive? I know when
    > I had a driver problem with my CD burner, all the subsequent drives
    > shifted by one letter "E:" became "D:," "F:" became "E:," etc.
    >
    > Austin

    Look under My Computer in windows explorer. Canon cameras don't assign a
    drive letter. Since your model did assign a drive letter it should
    still do so, but look here anyway.
    Dave Cohen
    Dave Cohen, Apr 23, 2007
  5. pete

    cgiorgio Guest

    "pete" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >I am Tearing my Hair out with a problem that has now raised it's head.
    > I used to run Windows XP pro, and had no problem whwn connecting my
    > Fuji Finepix S5000 Zoom Camera, the "I " drive would always appear
    > and transfer of pics to the computer was always carried out with No
    > Problem. There was never any software installed for this,
    > it all worked on XP.
    > I now have windows xp pro with SP2.To my horror when connecting the
    > camera the "I" drive fails to appear. I have installed The Fuji
    > Finepix Software and got the XP upgrade from The Fuji Web Site and
    > Install3d that but Still NO "I" drive.This applies when using " My
    > Computer" or Exif Launcher.
    > Can somebody put me out of my Misery and tell me what the cure is.
    > Thanks in Advance
    > Pete

    I had a similar problem with a hp photosmart camera. Fortunately the hp
    cameras come with software that makes it easy to de-install devices (remove
    their entries from the system registry). Hp makes this software available at
    the following link:

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericSoftwareDownloadIndex?lc=en&cc=us&softwareitem=sj-8527-2

    Deinstall all references that have a yellow exclamation mark under Devices /
    USB , Storage Volumes, Drives.
    Restart Windows
    Reconnect your camera
    Camera should now be recognized by Windows and the necessary entries in the
    registry will probably be written. Once the hardware recognition process is
    finished look for your camera in Explorer.
    cgiorgio, Apr 23, 2007
  6. pete

    pete Guest

    On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 11:58:49 -0500, "Ron Recer" <> wrote:

    >"pete" <> wrote in message
    >>I am Tearing my Hair out with a problem that has now raised it's head.
    >> I used to run Windows XP pro, and had no problem whwn connecting my
    >> Fuji Finepix S5000 Zoom Camera, the "I " drive would always appear
    >> and transfer of pics to the computer was always carried out with No
    >> Problem. There was never any software installed for this,
    >> it all worked on XP.
    >> I now have windows xp pro with SP2.To my horror when connecting the
    >> camera the "I" drive fails to appear. I have installed The Fuji
    >> Finepix Software and got the XP upgrade from The Fuji Web Site and
    >> Install3d that but Still NO "I" drive.This applies when using " My
    >> Computer" or Exif Launcher.
    >> Can somebody put me out of my Misery and tell me what the cure is.
    >> Thanks in Advance
    >> Pete

    >I assume you have some type of removable memory card in your camera. Buy
    >one of the many card readers available for $20 or so. They work like any
    >other drive once you insert your memory card.
    >
    >Ron

    That is a Possibility if all else fails.Thanks
    pete, Apr 24, 2007
  7. pete

    pete Guest

    On 23 Apr 2007 10:13:26 -0700, AustinMN <>
    wrote:

    >On Apr 23, 10:32 am, pete <> wrote:
    >> I am Tearing my Hair out with a problem that has now raised it's head.
    >> I used to run Windows XP pro, and had no problem whwn connecting my
    >> Fuji Finepix S5000 Zoom Camera, the "I " drive would always appear
    >> and transfer of pics to the computer was always carried out with No
    >> Problem. There was never any software installed for this,
    >> it all worked on XP.
    >> I now have windows xp pro with SP2.To my horror when connecting the
    >> camera the "I" drive fails to appear. I have installed The Fuji
    >> Finepix Software and got the XP upgrade from The Fuji Web Site and
    >> Install3d that but Still NO "I" drive.This applies when using " My
    >> Computer" or Exif Launcher.
    >> Can somebody put me out of my Misery and tell me what the cure is.
    >> Thanks in Advance

    >Any chance that it's there, but no longer the "I:" drive? I know when
    >I had a driver problem with my CD burner, all the subsequent drives
    >shifted by one letter "E:" became "D:," "F:" became "E:," etc.
    >
    >Austin

    Thanks austin all my Drive letters are ok A through to H
    pete, Apr 24, 2007
  8. pete

    pete Guest

    On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 20:04:36 GMT, Dave Cohen <> wrote:

    >AustinMN wrote:
    >> On Apr 23, 10:32 am, pete <> wrote:
    >>> I am Tearing my Hair out with a problem that has now raised it's head.
    >>> I used to run Windows XP pro, and had no problem whwn connecting my
    >>> Fuji Finepix S5000 Zoom Camera, the "I " drive would always appear
    >>> and transfer of pics to the computer was always carried out with No
    >>> Problem. There was never any software installed for this,
    >>> it all worked on XP.
    >>> I now have windows xp pro with SP2.To my horror when connecting the
    >>> camera the "I" drive fails to appear. I have installed The Fuji
    >>> Finepix Software and got the XP upgrade from The Fuji Web Site and
    >>> Install3d that but Still NO "I" drive.This applies when using " My
    >>> Computer" or Exif Launcher.
    >>> Can somebody put me out of my Misery and tell me what the cure is.
    >>> Thanks in Advance

    >> Any chance that it's there, but no longer the "I:" drive? I know when
    >> I had a driver problem with my CD burner, all the subsequent drives
    >> shifted by one letter "E:" became "D:," "F:" became "E:," etc.
    >>
    >> Austin
    >>

    >Look under My Computer in windows explorer. Canon cameras don't assign a
    > drive letter. Since your model did assign a drive letter it should
    >still do so, but look here anyway.
    >Dave Cohen

    Thanks for that dave but no joy
    pete, Apr 24, 2007
  9. pete

    pete Guest

    On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 23:29:53 +0200, "cgiorgio" <>
    wrote:

    >"pete" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >>I am Tearing my Hair out with a problem that has now raised it's head.
    >> I used to run Windows XP pro, and had no problem whwn connecting my
    >> Fuji Finepix S5000 Zoom Camera, the "I " drive would always appear
    >> and transfer of pics to the computer was always carried out with No
    >> Problem. There was never any software installed for this,
    >> it all worked on XP.
    >> I now have windows xp pro with SP2.To my horror when connecting the
    >> camera the "I" drive fails to appear. I have installed The Fuji
    >> Finepix Software and got the XP upgrade from The Fuji Web Site and
    >> Install3d that but Still NO "I" drive.This applies when using " My
    >> Computer" or Exif Launcher.
    >> Can somebody put me out of my Misery and tell me what the cure is.
    >> Thanks in Advance
    >> Pete

    >I had a similar problem with a hp photosmart camera. Fortunately the hp
    >cameras come with software that makes it easy to de-install devices (remove
    >their entries from the system registry). Hp makes this software available at
    >the following link:
    >
    >http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericSoftwareDownloadIndex?lc=en&cc=us&softwareitem=sj-8527-2
    >
    >Deinstall all references that have a yellow exclamation mark under Devices /
    >USB , Storage Volumes, Drives.
    >Restart Windows
    >Reconnect your camera
    >Camera should now be recognized by Windows and the necessary entries in the
    >registry will probably be written. Once the hardware recognition process is
    >finished look for your camera in Explorer.

    Did what you suggested but still can't see the camersa
    pete, Apr 24, 2007