    OOPS wrong site
    Hope I'm in the right place this time..nope, wrong site
    Maybe this is the correct place.....

    82716, Aug 9, 2008

  2. You're right, installing into the same partition is a bad idea.

    The only good way to fix this is to do a clean install - format the
    partition and install 32-bit XP into it. Trying to make it work now will
    only create problems and you'll have a system that is unsupportable and will
    behave badly.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 9, 2008

  3. 82716

    PH Guest

    put in xp disk, restart computer to install xp (not x64).go through as to
    install
    xp. when it comes up to install, delete, or repair, delete x64 and it will
    delete
    the x64 off the partition. be sure to save any files off x64 you want to keep
    before this process.

    PH, Aug 14, 2008
  4. 82716

    82716 Guest