    Thanks in advanced

    Respectfully yours,
    mahmoud

    =?Utf-8?B?bWFobW91ZCBvc2FtYQ==?=, Aug 15, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?bWFobW91ZCBvc2FtYQ==?=

    worm Guest

    Get a copy of Partition Magic and install from the prompt.

    "mahmoud osama" <> wrote in message
    > I have 2 operating systems installed on my hard disk:
    > . Partition (C)_active partition: MS-Windows XP professional
    > . Partition (D) : MS-Windows 2000 Professional
    >
    > I want to remove the windows XP from partition C and install a new XP

    version
    > On C too keeping the win2000 on D undamaged
    > Could you help me in that?
    > Thanks in advanced
    >
    > Respectfully yours,

    mahmoud

    worm, Aug 16, 2004

  3. Hi Mahmoud,

    You'll get better help from a newsgroup that is related to WindowsXP, and
    I'm not really an OS person, but... if you set your BIOS to boot from a CD
    and boot up with the WindowsXP CD in the drive you'll get a choice to
    install windows, including which partition to install it on. As I recall you
    should see that you have two partitions (and maybe a tiny third one) and you
    can delete the C partition, create a new partition in the free space, and
    install WinXP in the new, clean C partition. Your D partition with Win2K
    should be untouched.

    www.cindywinegarden.com

    Cindy Winegarden, Aug 17, 2004
  4. =?Utf-8?B?bWFobW91ZCBvc2FtYQ==?=

    Guest Guest

    fairly easy, start with the xp disc in the cdrom and
    restart....boot from cd

    once you get to the point of partition just install
    overtop the c: where xp is, this wont do a thing to 2000
    and you fresh new copy is in.

    Guest, Aug 24, 2004