    that are located in Past Items. How can I completely remove them?
    --
    Denise

    Denise, Dec 5, 2008

  2. The 'Safely Remove Hardware' will disappear when all devices
    associated with it are remove, otherwise your only option is
    to 'Always Hide' because it is a function built into the
    Operating System. It's there for a purpose and your only
    option is to hide it if you don't want to see it.

    Since the many old icons are hidden don't worry about them.
    It should be "out of sight, out of mind" and quit
    dinkering with things you don't need to dinker with!

    Bobby Johnson, Dec 5, 2008

  3. Denise

    Rom Guest

    See and/or try: <http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/140/1/>

    --
    Rom

    Rom, Dec 5, 2008
  4. Denise

    Denise Guest

    That was a really good tip, Ron. Thanks!
    --
    Denise

    Denise, Dec 5, 2008
  5. Denise

    Denise Guest

    What should I remove? My monitor? Or maybe my printer. How about my mouse
    or keyboard? The bleeping icon should tell you what it wants a person to
    remove and, in my case, they're all named above so it would be foolish to
    remove any of them.

    You might dinker but I clean and update.
    --
    Denise

    Denise, Dec 5, 2008
  6. And that is exactly why you have so many problems with your
    computer. Your posts about problems indicate you do things
    without really knowing what you're doing and then you expect
    others to know how to fix what you have screwed up. And,
    you want to fix things that don't need fixed.

    The Safely Remove icon is present when you have 'removable'
    items plugged in such as USB devices and removable hard
    drives. The icon is there to remind you the item should not
    be removed until you select the specific item and indicate
    you want to remove it. If the item is being accessed by the
    system and you arbitrarily unplug it, then you risk
    destroying the data on the device! It's a Safety warning!

    Bobby Johnson, Dec 5, 2008
  7. Denise

    Drew Guest

    Left-click the icon to see what device(s) it is trying to protect you from
    removing and optionally select it/them to safely remove them. When they're
    all removed the icon will disappear.

    HTH,
    Drew

    Drew, Dec 5, 2008
  8. Denise

    Denise Guest

    I did, but nothing is there.
    --
    Denise

    Denise, Dec 5, 2008
  9. Then try Right clocking on the icon. There is something
    causing it to be there. Some RAID cards or additional SATA
    cards will give you the icon.

    Bobby Johnson, Dec 5, 2008