Remove red arrows in Sygate system tray

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Martin C.E., Nov 4, 2003.

  1. Martin C.E.

    Martin C.E. Guest

    "Martin C.E." <> wrote:

    > Recently the Sygate Firewall icon in my system tray has ben
    > showing two red arrows (one up and one down). The red color
    > persists even if I go and open Sygate.
    >
    > Does anyone know what it is?
    >

    > "Joe B" <ihatespam@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
    >
    >> The red arrow means that Sygate is blocking traffic. The up
    >> arrow is for outbound traffic and the down arrow is for inbound
    >> traffic.

    > And if they are both on with a twinkley thing in the middle, it
    > indicates that there is an important message it wants you to
    > see, such as what it perceives to be a hack attempt.

    Thank you for your answer. Both "arrows on with a twinkley thing in
    the middle" is exactly what the symbol in my system tray looks like.

    I have asked my Sygate application to send me emails when it gets an
    attack and recently I have had a few such emails.

    The question I want to ask is how do I turn off the red arrows and
    the twinkley thing as they seem to be on most of the time now?

    Do I need to press some button or visit one of Sygate's screens?
    Martin C.E., Nov 4, 2003

  2. Martin C.E.

    Jarmo P Guest

    > Thank you for your answer. Both "arrows on with a twinkley thing in
    > the middle" is exactly what the symbol in my system tray looks like.
    >
    > I have asked my Sygate application to send me emails when it gets an
    > attack and recently I have had a few such emails.
    >
    > The question I want to ask is how do I turn off the red arrows and
    > the twinkley thing as they seem to be on most of the time now?
    >
    > Do I need to press some button or visit one of Sygate's screens?

    The log file should pop up if you doubleclick the systray icon. Check there
    the security violations cause. You might also see if Tools/Options, there is
    unchecked The check box, Hide notification messages. To enjoy the pop ups
    ; )

    I have a related question, the NTOSKRNL.EXE file gets a lots of being
    blocked messages. I have not changed any of the default settings for that
    application. That is something to worry about? Soon I am going to turn of
    at least that pop up blink sound.
    Jarmo P
    Jarmo P, Nov 6, 2003