    Norton Ghost from the Live Update. I realize I can just uncheck the
    box so it doesn't update it, but I would really like to know If I can
    remove it from the list. I'm running Windows XP

    Alex, May 12, 2004

  2. Alex

    Jonti Guest

    "Alex" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have just uninstalled Norton Ghost. My question is how can i remove
    > Norton Ghost from the Live Update. I realize I can just uncheck the
    > box so it doesn't update it, but I would really like to know If I can
    > remove it from the list. I'm running Windows XP

    It should automatically remove it when you update! If not, you have
    uninstalled incorrectly.

    Suggest remove Live update and reinstal. See Below:

    To reinstall, locate LUSETUP.EXE on your computer or on the CD-ROM
    containing your Symantec product. You may also download the latest
    version from the Internet at:

    http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/files/lu/lu.html

    Once the file is on your system, double click the icon. You will be
    asked if you wish to install LiveUpdate. Answer yes, and it will
    automatically reinstall. Your previous settings will be saved, and
    you will still be able to run LiveUpdate from any Symantec product
    without further configuration.

    If you wish to uninstall LiveUpdate, please note that you will no
    longer be able to receive updates to your Symantec products.

    To uninstall LiveUpdate:
    1. From the Start menu, select Settings > Control Panel.
    2. Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
    3. Select LiveUpdate from the list and then click Add/Remove.

    To reinstall LiveUpdate at any time, find the LUSETUP.EXE at the above
    URL and simply double-click it.

    Uninstall then reinstall SHOULD cure it!!!!!!

    --
    Jonti

    Jonti, May 12, 2004