    to remove the hot pixels, any ideas?

    tia.
    , May 30, 2005

  2. In article <>,
    wrote:

    > I am looking for a software that can remove hotpixels
    > which I get on my camera when I make long exposures
    > (4seconds or more) The software must be able to take
    > an extra blank image and subtract it from the original
    > to remove the hot pixels, any ideas?

    GraphicConverter will do that for you.

    ----j7y

    --
    jere7my tho?rpe | "The land knows whom it sent out;
    (440) 775-1522 | In the place of human beings
    | Their ashes in urns
    http://www.livejournal.com/~jere7my | Come back to each man's house."
    --- Aeschylus, The Agamemnon
    jere7my tho?rpe, May 30, 2005

  3. Ed Ruf Guest

    On 30 May 2005 10:00:07 -0700, in rec.photo.digital
    wrote:

    >I am looking for a software that can remove hotpixels
    >which I get on my camera when I make long exposures
    >(4seconds or more) The software must be able to take
    >an extra blank image and subtract it from the original
    >to remove the hot pixels, any ideas?

    Hot Pixel Killer for jpgs.:
    http://www.girder.nl/hpk/index.php
    ----------
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
    Ed Ruf, May 30, 2005
  4. Trapezium Guest

    "Ed Ruf" <> wrote in message
    > On 30 May 2005 10:00:07 -0700, in rec.photo.digital
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I am looking for a software that can remove hotpixels
    >>which I get on my camera when I make long exposures
    >>(4seconds or more) The software must be able to take
    >>an extra blank image and subtract it from the original
    >>to remove the hot pixels, any ideas?

    > Hot Pixel Killer for jpgs.:
    > http://www.girder.nl/hpk/index.php

    That looks like a handy programme - pity that it hasn't been available for
    (at least) months

    Anyone know if it's still online somewhere?
    Trapezium, May 31, 2005
  5. Marius Guest

    Marius, May 31, 2005
  6. Trapezium Guest

    Trapezium, May 31, 2005
  7. beuzet Guest

    wrote in news:1117472406.965463.214270
    @g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > I am looking for a software that can remove hotpixels
    > which I get on my camera when I make long exposures
    > (4seconds or more) The software must be able to take
    > an extra blank image and subtract it from the original
    > to remove the hot pixels, any ideas?
    >
    > tia.

    Maybe:

    http://www.mediachance.com/digicam/hotpixels.htm