    About Blank ..
    Any suggestions or procedures would really help..

    Thanks, Derfnam
    manfred, Oct 6, 2004

  2. manfred

    Brian Guest

    "manfred" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:...
    > Somehow MSN has gotten in my registry and placed the MSN home page to
    > Internet Explorer start up.. I would like to remove MSN replaced by About
    > Blank..
    > I'm hesitant to fool with the registry unless I can get some step by step
    > help..
    > I know it's in the registry because my Ad-Aware notifies me when I change

    > About Blank ..
    > Any suggestions or procedures would really help..
    >
    > Thanks, Derfnam

    in IE... tools>>options>>default page click blank page. ooorrrrr
    start>>run>>type in regedit >>enter.. navigate here:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main (right hand
    pane)double click "Start Page" and chnge to about:blank

    also in this reg key:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main (do the same as
    above)
    Brian, Oct 6, 2004

  3. manfred

    °Mike° Guest

    From your description it is Ad-Aware (through you) that
    keeps resetting your home page. Add the "about:blank"
    to Ad-Aware's ignore list -- be aware the AAW is warning
    you because of an exploit that some hijackers use, ie.
    "about:blank".

    On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 15:58:31 -0400, in
    <>
    manfred scrawled: