    manually via Outlook 2)Removing the user ?

    Ive had a brief nosey online via Google and found nothing of help....

    TIA
    XPD, Aug 7, 2006

  2. > I have an Exchange server that has 1 mailbox that has 13000 emails
    > sitting in it.
    > Whats the easiest way of removing all those emails without 1)doing it
    > manually via Outlook 2)Removing the user ?
    >
    > Ive had a brief nosey online via Google and found nothing of help....
    >
    > TIA

    Enable POP3 on the exchange server and pop all the messages down. Easy
    or
    in Outlook, select all the messages and delete them

    Thanks
    Craig Whitmore, Aug 7, 2006

  3. XPD

    XPD Guest

    Craig Whitmore wrote:
    > > I have an Exchange server that has 1 mailbox that has 13000 emails
    > > sitting in it.
    > > Whats the easiest way of removing all those emails without 1)doing it
    > > manually via Outlook 2)Removing the user ?
    > >
    > > Ive had a brief nosey online via Google and found nothing of help....
    > >
    > > TIA
    > >

    > Enable POP3 on the exchange server and pop all the messages down. Easy
    > or
    > in Outlook, select all the messages and delete them
    >
    > Thanks

    Tried selecting all emssages via Outlook but it keeps throwing up a
    mesage that messages are missing etc after deleting about 10.... :)

    Ill have a look at the POP3 solution

    Thanks Craig :)
    XPD, Aug 7, 2006
  4. XPD wrote:
    > Craig Whitmore wrote:
    > > > I have an Exchange server that has 1 mailbox that has 13000 emails
    > > > sitting in it.
    > > > Whats the easiest way of removing all those emails without 1)doing it
    > > > manually via Outlook 2)Removing the user ?
    > > >
    > > > Ive had a brief nosey online via Google and found nothing of help....
    > > >
    > > > TIA
    > > >

    > > Enable POP3 on the exchange server and pop all the messages down. Easy
    > > or
    > > in Outlook, select all the messages and delete them
    > >
    > > Thanks

    > Tried selecting all emssages via Outlook but it keeps throwing up a
    > mesage that messages are missing etc after deleting about 10.... :)
    >
    > Ill have a look at the POP3 solution

    Could be worth checking out the Mailbox Manager settings in the
    Exchange System Manager

    1. Click Start, click Programs, click Microsoft Exchange, and then
    click System Manager.
    2. Browse to the following location:
    Organization_name/Recipients/Recipient Policies
    3. Right-click Recipient Policies, point to New, and then click
    Recipient Policy.
    Nathan Mercer, Aug 8, 2006
  5. XPD

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Any Exchange gurus around ? :p
    > Probably a REALLY simple solution but I know only the basics of
    > Exchange.......
    >
    > I have an Exchange server that has 1 mailbox that has 13000 emails
    > sitting in it.
    > Whats the easiest way of removing all those emails without 1)doing it
    > manually via Outlook 2)Removing the user ?
    >
    > Ive had a brief nosey online via Google and found nothing of help....

    Without Outlook? (that's definately the easy option) - maybe try giving
    yourself permissions to the M: drive and digging into the user and
    deleting the messages.

    --
    Duncan
    Dave Doe, Aug 8, 2006
  6. XPD

    Martin Guest

    "Nathan Mercer" <> wrote in message

    > XPD wrote:

    >> > Enable POP3 on the exchange server and pop all the messages down. Easy
    >> > or
    >> > in Outlook, select all the messages and delete them
    >> >
    >> > Thanks

    >> Tried selecting all emssages via Outlook but it keeps throwing up a
    >> mesage that messages are missing etc after deleting about 10.... :)
    >>
    >> Ill have a look at the POP3 solution

    > Could be worth checking out the Mailbox Manager settings in the
    > Exchange System Manager
    >
    > 1. Click Start, click Programs, click Microsoft Exchange, and then
    > click System Manager.
    > 2. Browse to the following location:
    > Organization_name/Recipients/Recipient Policies
    > 3. Right-click Recipient Policies, point to New, and then click
    > Recipient Policy.

    The other easy way is with Exmerge - its on the exchange 2003 CD or you can
    download it - it lets you export mail out to a PST file but you can also get
    it to delete the email as it takes it out....

    cheers

    martin
    Martin, Aug 8, 2006
  7. XPD

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Tue, 8 Aug 2006 14:50:37 +1200, Dave Doe <> exclaimed:

    >In article <>,
    > says...
    >> Any Exchange gurus around ? :p
    >> Probably a REALLY simple solution but I know only the basics of
    >> Exchange.......
    >>
    >> I have an Exchange server that has 1 mailbox that has 13000 emails
    >> sitting in it.
    >> Whats the easiest way of removing all those emails without 1)doing it
    >> manually via Outlook 2)Removing the user ?
    >>
    >> Ive had a brief nosey online via Google and found nothing of help....

    >Without Outlook? (that's definately the easy option) - maybe try giving
    >yourself permissions to the M: drive and digging into the user and
    >deleting the messages.

    The M drive went out a couple of versions ago.
    Fred Dagg, Aug 8, 2006
  8. XPD

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On 7 Aug 2006 15:20:27 -0700, "XPD" <> exclaimed:

    >Any Exchange gurus around ? :p
    >Probably a REALLY simple solution but I know only the basics of
    >Exchange.......
    >
    >I have an Exchange server that has 1 mailbox that has 13000 emails
    >sitting in it.
    >Whats the easiest way of removing all those emails without 1)doing it
    >manually via Outlook 2)Removing the user ?
    >
    >Ive had a brief nosey online via Google and found nothing of help....

    I'm guessing you haven't got Outlook Web Access?

    In regards to deleting in Outlook, sometimes it does throw a wobbly if
    you delete too many in one go. Try selecting a thousand or so, and
    deleting those.

    If it was me, I'd just delete the user and re-create a new one.
    Fred Dagg, Aug 8, 2006
  9. XPD

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On Tue, 8 Aug 2006 14:50:37 +1200, Dave Doe <> exclaimed:
    >
    > >In article <>,
    > > says...
    > >> Any Exchange gurus around ? :p
    > >> Probably a REALLY simple solution but I know only the basics of
    > >> Exchange.......
    > >>
    > >> I have an Exchange server that has 1 mailbox that has 13000 emails
    > >> sitting in it.
    > >> Whats the easiest way of removing all those emails without 1)doing it
    > >> manually via Outlook 2)Removing the user ?
    > >>
    > >> Ive had a brief nosey online via Google and found nothing of help....

    > >Without Outlook? (that's definately the easy option) - maybe try giving
    > >yourself permissions to the M: drive and digging into the user and
    > >deleting the messages.

    > The M drive went out a couple of versions ago.

    Indeed it is only valid for 2000 - what version is it?

    The exmerge solution looks like a good one to me - I've used it, but not
    to delete mail.

    --
    Duncan
    Dave Doe, Aug 8, 2006
  10. XPD

    XPD Guest

    Dave Doe wrote:

    > > >deleting the messages.

    > > The M drive went out a couple of versions ago.

    > Indeed it is only valid for 2000 - what version is it?
    >
    > The exmerge solution looks like a good one to me - I've used it, but not
    > to delete mail.
    >
    > --
    > Duncan

    Yeah it was Exchange 2000 (my oops for not mentioning that earlier),
    but all solved now :)
    ALtho...that was yetserday...bet you Ill look now and there'll be at
    least another 1000 messages :(
    XPD, Aug 9, 2006
  11. XPD

    Enkidu Guest

    Dave Doe wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >> On Tue, 8 Aug 2006 14:50:37 +1200, Dave Doe <> exclaimed:
    >>
    >>> In article <>,
    >>> says...

    >>> Without Outlook? (that's definately the easy option) - maybe try giving
    >>> yourself permissions to the M: drive and digging into the user and
    >>> deleting the messages.

    >> The M drive went out a couple of versions ago.

    > Indeed it is only valid for 2000 - what version is it?
    >
    > The exmerge solution looks like a good one to me - I've used it, but not
    > to delete mail.

    It was never a good idea to access mail through the M: drive mapping. It
    was particularly a bad idea if your software reset any attribute bits.

    Cheers,

    Cliff
    Enkidu, Aug 9, 2006