  1. I have a computer which seems never to have had IE6 but has IE7.

    I need to put IE6 on this machine and remove IE7.

    How do I do that - there is no roll-back nor update to remove?
    Geoff Pearson, Oct 26, 2007

  2. Geoff Pearson

    sittingduck Guest

    sittingduck, Oct 26, 2007

  3. Geoff Pearson, Oct 26, 2007
  4. Geoff Pearson

    Gordon Guest

    Gordon, Oct 26, 2007
  5. "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    news:fft8je$hpa$...
    > "Geoff Pearson" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "sittingduck" <> wrote in message

    >>> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...t=result&cd=1&q=How to uninstall IE7?&spell=1
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> http://improve-usenet.org

    >> Thank you - this is no use, IE6 was never on this machine.
    >>

    > Does the machine have Vista installed? Only IE7 works with vista.....

    No, it is XP SP2 Home Edition
    Geoff Pearson, Oct 26, 2007
  6. Geoff Pearson

    Gordon Guest

    > "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    >> "Geoff Pearson" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "sittingduck" <> wrote in message

    >>> Thank you - this is no use, IE6 was never on this machine.
    >>>

    >> Does the machine have Vista installed? Only IE7 works with vista.....
    >>

    > No, it is XP SP2 Home Edition

    then it MUST have had IE6 on it at the beginning....
    Go to Control panel-Add/remove programs and uninstall it. Your system will
    revert to IE6 automatically on re-boot...
    Gordon, Oct 26, 2007
  7. Geoff Pearson

    port of call Guest

    sittingduck wrote:
    > Geoff Pearson wrote:
    >
    >> How do I do that - there is no roll-back nor update to remove?

    > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...t=result&cd=1&q=How to uninstall IE7?&spell=1

    I saw your post above and wonder if you are running vista or some
    windows system that came with ie7. I use IE7 and fire fox and like them
    both. The Tab browsing is great and IE7PRO is a ad on that takes ads
    and controls IE6 or IE7. The IE7 is part of the windows operating
    system there is no way to take it out. I have switched from IE7 back to
    IE6 but my windows XP started with IE6. My wife wants to stay with IE6
    and I think she is crazy there is so much more in IE7 and you can use
    IEpro to control it and take out ads. http://www.ie7pro.com/
    Have a very wonderful day,
    Mumbai Hawk
    port of call, Oct 26, 2007
  8. Geoff Pearson

    sittingduck Guest

    Geoff Pearson wrote:

    > Thank you - this is no use, IE6 was never on this machine.

    It is plenty of use. You are just lazy and want someone to hold your hand and
    spoonfeed you an answer. Maybe someone will take pity on you and do so....

    --
    http://improve-usenet.org
    sittingduck, Oct 26, 2007
  9. "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > "Geoff Pearson" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    >>> "Geoff Pearson" <> wrote in message

    >>> Does the machine have Vista installed? Only IE7 works with vista.....
    >>>

    >> No, it is XP SP2 Home Edition
    >>

    > then it MUST have had IE6 on it at the beginning....
    > Go to Control panel-Add/remove programs and uninstall it. Your system will
    > revert to IE6 automatically on re-boot...

    I am used to doing that on other machines - but there is no IE7 entry in
    add/remove (even with Microsoft updates showing) - only its recent updates.

    I am trying to make this machine look and behave like 3 others which are
    used together in a school in Spain - all of which have IE6.
    Geoff Pearson, Oct 27, 2007
  10. Geoff Pearson

    Gordon Guest

    > I am used to doing that on other machines - but there is no IE7 entry in
    > add/remove (even with Microsoft updates showing) - only its recent
    > updates.

    It's under WINDOWS Internet Explorer.....
    Gordon, Oct 27, 2007
  11. Geoff Pearson

    Barney Guest

    sittingduck <> wrote in

    > It is plenty of use. You are just lazy and want someone to hold your
    > hand and spoonfeed you an answer. Maybe someone will take pity on you
    > and do so....

    This is a "HELP" group and your reply is unwarranted. Why do you bother
    with your reply?

    --
    "Expect less from life and get more from it"
    Barney, Oct 27, 2007
  12. "Barney" <> wrote in message
    > sittingduck <> wrote in
    >

    >> It is plenty of use. You are just lazy and want someone to hold your
    >> hand and spoonfeed you an answer. Maybe someone will take pity on you
    >> and do so....
    >>

    > This is a "HELP" group and your reply is unwarranted. Why do you bother
    > with your reply?
    >

    > --
    > "Expect less from life and get more from it"

    Fret not - even I can hardly believe the question I am asking, as I know the
    standard answers. But there really does not seem to be a way to uninstall
    IE7 from this machine.
    Geoff Pearson, Oct 28, 2007
  13. Geoff Pearson

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>, Geoff Pearson
    <> wrote:

    > Fret not - even I can hardly believe the question I am asking, as I know the
    > standard answers. But there really does not seem to be a way to uninstall
    > IE7 from this machine.

    Of course not -- Microsoft, after being challenged on the idea that
    their add-on tools were part of the OS, now forces the issue. They make
    it so that much of the browser's components are needed by other
    operations, either artificially or just by rolling files together.

    But you can still make it not launch, they say, and prevent it from
    being the primary browser, usually.
    Mitch, Oct 28, 2007
  14. Geoff Pearson

    Buffalo Guest

    > "Barney" <> wrote in message
    > > sittingduck <> wrote in
    > >

    > >> It is plenty of use. You are just lazy and want someone to hold your
    > >> hand and spoonfeed you an answer. Maybe someone will take pity on you
    > >> and do so....
    > >>

    > > This is a "HELP" group and your reply is unwarranted. Why do you bother
    > > with your reply?
    > >

    > > --
    > > "Expect less from life and get more from it"

    > Fret not - even I can hardly believe the question I am asking, as I know

    the
    > standard answers. But there really does not seem to be a way to uninstall
    > IE7 from this machine.

    I'm not familar with XP, but would a repair install give you the choice to
    use IE6?
    Buffalo, Oct 28, 2007
  15. Geoff Pearson

    Barney Guest

    "Buffalo" <> wrote in

    > I'm not familar with XP, but would a repair install give you the
    > choice to use IE6?

    I dpn't think so and you may have to restore the system far back before
    MIE 7 was added.

    --
    "Expect less from life and get more from it"
    Barney, Nov 3, 2007
  16. "Geoff Pearson" <> wrote in news:4fCdnbwuDLrAi7
    :

    > I have a computer which seems never to have had IE6 but has IE7.
    >
    > I need to put IE6 on this machine and remove IE7.
    >
    > How do I do that - there is no roll-back nor update to remove?

    First: download IE6 install

    http://www.compu-docs.com/ieadmininstall.htm

    When you have the complete package, then use Add-Remove Programs
    IE7 is listed as "Windows Internet Explorer 7"

    Don't worry, you can believe that Windows will NOT allow you
    to uninstall Windows Explorer. M$ only listed it that way
    in this rendition because it fit into their grand scheme to
    force-feed the world Vista and DRM... or something like that.

    Then, double-click.

    Badda-bing.

    --

    "Here's the ideal: conduct stem-cell research on
    the handicapped! That way they can be productive."

    (O
    |__ Because of the retards, normal people
    .-|___ can never park by the front again
    ( ) \_
    `--'
    Bucky Breeder, Nov 3, 2007
  17. "Buffalo" <> wrote in

    > "Bucky Breeder" <> wrote in
    > message news:Xns99DD639961EBCJediMindJiuJiuOnYou@216.151.153.13...
    >> "Geoff Pearson" <> wrote in
    >> news:4fCdnbwuDLrAi7 :
    >>
    >> > I have a computer which seems never to have had IE6 but has IE7.
    >> >
    >> > I need to put IE6 on this machine and remove IE7.
    >> >
    >> > How do I do that - there is no roll-back nor update to remove?

    >> First: download IE6 install
    >>
    >> http://www.compu-docs.com/ieadmininstall.htm
    >>
    >> When you have the complete package, then use Add-Remove Programs
    >> IE7 is listed as "Windows Internet Explorer 7"
    >>
    >> Don't worry, you can believe that Windows will NOT allow you
    >> to uninstall Windows Explorer. M$ only listed it that way
    >> in this rendition because it fit into their grand scheme to
    >> force-feed the world Vista and DRM... or something like that.
    >>
    >> Then, double-click.
    >>
    >> Badda-bing.

    > Unfortunately Pearson does not have an option to use Add-Remove due to
    > the fact that Windows IE 7 is not listed in there.
    > On my Win2000 system, it also does not have the option in there relating
    > to IE.
    > http://www.kensavage.com/index.php/archives/now-i-know-how-to-uninstall-i
    > nternet-explorer-6/ However, your info is very good and he may be able
    > to remove IE7 after installing IE6
    > He may have to follow 'some' of the advice in the link above to get a
    > way to uninstall IE7 since it isn't in Add-Remove.
    > He may have it in C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IE Uninstall

    Sounds like a good plan to me. Hope you told Peason about it. {^;

    Bucky Breeder, Nov 3, 2007
  18. Geoff Pearson

    Buffalo Guest

    Buffalo, Nov 3, 2007
  19. Geoff Pearson

    Buffalo Guest

    > I am used to doing that on other machines - but there is no IE7 entry in
    > add/remove (even with Microsoft updates showing) - only its recent

    updates.

    > I am trying to make this machine look and behave like 3 others which are
    > used together in a school in Spain - all of which have IE6.

    Possibly it is located in something like C:\Program Files\Internet
    Explorer\IE Uninstall
    Also, check out the reply from Bucky Breeder.
    Buffalo, Nov 3, 2007