    How do I remove IE6.0 when the built-in removal option (accessed from
    Add/Remove Programs) is greyed out ? Computer ran fine on IE5, hopeless on
    IE6. k35454.

    k35454, May 31, 2005

  2. k35454

    bambam Guest

    "k35454" <> wrote in
    news::

    > How do I remove IE6.0 when the built-in removal option (accessed from
    > Add/Remove Programs) is greyed out ? Computer ran fine on IE5,
    > hopeless on IE6. k35454.

    Depends on your OS?
    Win 95, 98, 98se, ME, or 2000sr1, this program will do it-

    http://www.litepc.com/ieradicator.html

    bambam, May 31, 2005

  3. k35454

    k35454 Guest

    "bambam" <> wrote in message
    "k35454" <> wrote in

    > How do I remove IE6.0 when the built-in removal option (accessed from
    > Add/Remove Programs) is greyed out ? Computer ran fine on IE5,
    > hopeless on IE6. k35454.

    Depends on your OS?
    Win 95, 98, 98se, ME, or 2000sr1, this program will do it-

    http://www.litepc.com/ieradicator.html

    OS is W98SE. Will try it. Thanks. k35454.

    k35454, May 31, 2005
  4. k35454

    YourNameHere Guest

    That is also useful for removing hopelessly infected copies of IE on
    Windows(<XP). Just remove IE completely and reinstall it. But be sure
    to have downloaded the binaries first, as windows update doesn't work
    with any other browser.

    I don't know if the stand alone IE downloader will work without IE being
    present on the system. I never had to try it this way...

    YourNameHere, Jun 15, 2005