Remove Icons?

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by PVR, Feb 23, 2009.

  1. PVR

    PVR Guest

    I have three PCs on a wireless home network. One PC is Vista/1 The
    other two are XP/3. I am trying to clean the number of shared icons
    which appear on one of the PCs.

    I have "un-shared" all the folders or files except one from one XP/3
    (Peter). When I go to the other XP/3 (Mobile) and open "My Network
    Places" I find two groups of icons. One group is "Local Network" which
    contains icons for shared folders/files on Mobile. These do not appear
    on Peter. The other group is "The Internet" and it contains Icons for
    the un-shared folders/files from Peter. Clicking on any one of these
    icons (there are four) produces an error message that it is
    inaccessible. That is what I expect but I cannot delete those four
    icons from Mobile/The Internet.

    Anyone know how I can remove these icons from "The Internet" group in
    "My Network Places" on Mobile? If this is not the correct forum to ask
    this question, perhaps another can be suggested?

    Many thanks.

    Peter
    PVR, Feb 23, 2009

  2. Hi
    Icon that can be Deleted, Delete.
    The rest leave alone, after few reboots they would disappear.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Feb 23, 2009