    Does anyone know how to remove this icon permanently in XP.

    Thanks

    Tony
    Grr, Aug 5, 2005

  2. Grr

    Paddy Guest

    click start
    control Panel and then click on internet and network connections and
    then click on
    Network Connections.
    You should see your local Area Connection Icon. Right click and the
    select properties.
    Below the description, uncheck show notification icon in notification
    area when connected.
    Click ok and then you are done!!! As simple as that.
    Paddy, Aug 5, 2005

  3. "Grr" <lll> wrote in news:D:

    > No matter how many times I click 'Always Hide' for the 'Local
    > Area Network' icon in the Toolbar, it comes back. Usually after
    > I've restarted a few times
    >
    > I go to Preferences, click Always Hide, then it goes, then it
    > comes back.
    >
    > Does anyone know how to remove this icon permanently in XP.
    >

    > Thanks
    >
    > Tony

    Right click the icon, network connections, right click connection,
    properties, second box from bottom unclick Show Icon.

    Ed

    --
    Freedom is never free....
    Top (retired), Aug 5, 2005